Manjaro Linux - KDE-Plasma & XFCE for VIM1

I tried installing other themes and it works fine.

You should search for more themes under look and feel download area and install it.

Good luck.

apparently, your color issues (and maybe also the bt issues) were due to a mess caused by what you had on your emmc while starting a manjaro system stored on the sd card.

No doubt. I reflashed the eMMC with Android, and Manjaro seems to work beautifully now. Iā€™m still playing with it and the stock theme is much better looking and very easy on the eyes. For now, Iā€™ll keep it and explore other themes later. BTW, BT is working now. Just enabled it and paired my wireless KB.

On that topicā€¦ When do you think weā€™ll start to see low-level BT support in the SBC BIOS that loads basic drivers for BT prior to the distro loading. Or, is that just a pipe dream? I always have to drag out my wired keyboard to do anything at first.

try a wireless keyboard that uses and an unifying type of dongle instead of bluetooth

Updated to Kernel 5.3.0-rc8 from balbes le branch.

Iā€™ve tried those in the past, but you canā€™t pair a single keyboard with multiple dongles (I think for obvious reasons). I had to go the BT keyboard route because I need to control 3 different computers with a single keyboard. With the push of a button the keyboard works with the correct, designated and paired computer. I still have to use multiple mice. Too much technology that doesnā€™t always work the way we wish it would. :slight_smile: I know there are other approaches like KVMs, but they have their own set of control issues as well.

Do you have a link to this latest build?

Yes check the 5th post above.

1. Manjaro images have always used kernel 5.x.
  2. If you receive a message about a 4.9 kernel, it means that a system with a 4.9 kernel and a u-boot curve has been written to eMMC (which creates this situation when running manjaro).
  3. In the images Libreelec never had a kernel 4.9, respectively, if the eMMC was the version LE youā€™ll never see output on the kernel 4.9.
  4. If you run manjaro correctly (LE in eMMC), there not be a message about the kernel 4.9 that you have shown.

Your messages intentionally mislead users. Because it gives them the illusion that there is a version of LE with kernel 4.9 and LE (if LE is written to eMMC) has problems running Manjaro. This is false information. If LE is written to eMMC, Manjaro starts correctly. Both systems use a single startup option, which works correctly with both systems and in principle can not be a situation with the output of the kernel 4.9. This means that you had a different system in eMMC (with a 4.9 kernel) that had nothing to do with LE.

In my haste, I did not recall correctly and the version I had in eMMC must have been Ubuntu with a kernel of 4.9 and not LE. Sorry for my confusion. It was not my intention to purposely mislead anyone. I appreciate all your effort on these VIMx distros balbes.

1 Like

Updated Image for Vim3 19.10 built.

Whats New:

• Kernel 5.3.0-2
  • Added Audio and it is working but without pulseaudio.
  • Fan support added.

Only LXQT & KDE for now. If any other edition is needed then please request.

Thanks to @balbes150 for his kernel work and audio script.
Also @hyphop for his fan script.

Someone having vim3 and 3705 fan can test and give feedback please

4 Likes

respect!!! i will try test you image soonā€¦

1 Like

this image suitable for VIM2 ?

Yes just change dtb filename in uEnv.ini.

It should work. But I have only tested it on Vim1 and Vim3

I canā€™t seem to find manjaro download links within this topic, can you help?

What about multimedia and hw acceleration, what works?

Ignore my post, iā€™ve found the links.

Hi @Spikerguy
I just tried Manjaro-ARM-xfce-vim3-19.08.img on my VIM3. It works but has wrong colors. All green.
I know about a fix for this for Balbes his images, but that fix doesnā€™t apply to your images.
Do youā€™ve a fix for this? Or is there a better image I can try? Thanks.

We tried but it didnt work for us.
There are 2 options,
Option1:
Revert to older version of Android Emmc Image.

Option2:
Revert to
linux-vim3 kernel instead of linux-aarch64

I will be looking into this soon.

3 Likes

Thank you.
That Iā€™ll do then. I had installed the latest Android version to see how it is. But I hate Android so much. Donā€™t care which version is on itā€¦

Yeah, as a third option, you can erase eMMC if you want. At least that worked for me on the VIM3 to load latest Khadas Linux from SD card. Got rid of the tinted screen and USB problems.