Manjaro Linux - KDE-Plasma & XFCE for VIM1

In vim1 It is still Cpu process. We need to wait for
working codecs. Maybe you can try now with updates mesa driver. I feel gui smoothness but not much in video playback.

1 Like

Yes, I had tried it on the VIM1, but that was before I was successful. For some reason I had problems with Etcher, Etcher listed error after burning the card. When I retried burning the card with Rufus, it worked fine on the VIM3, I did not try it on the VIM1 at that time.
Glad to see Spikerguy had the answer for your VIM1 question. :slight_smile:

Are there any other ā€˜normalā€™ color schemes besides hot pink and dark green? They really are horrific.
Sorry. :frowning: Between the various shades of pink, I can barely make out windows, dialog boxes and the like.

I canā€™t get you postā€¦

Can you explain in detail?

Below is a screen capture of a fresh install of Manjaro. Iā€™ve tried in vain to adjust colors, but this should not be - out of the box. No, my monitor is fine and works with several other sources. What could be causing this? This color scheme is unacceptable. All the green windows blend together as there is no distinction of border color. Text should ā€˜popā€™ on the screen and not be a faded color/shade of the background color!

I canā€™t get bluetooth to work either. Will not recognize new devices and pair.

Ah youā€™re talking about the theme.
Have you tried changing the theme? There are themes by default itā€™s very easy to switch while you can download more from the theme settings.

System setting > Workspace theme and apply the one you like.

Also please advice which kernel version are you on, which DE and which device?

I tried selecting other themes and many of the choices would not change the applicable colors. I will try again. For the next update, I vote for a theme color scheme most can easily read and see visible lists inside other windows. Sigh.

Is there an easy way to access the kernel version inside Linux? DE ? Iā€™m using a new VIM3 SBC.

Can you help me find the right one for you? If you find any good theme that you like then you can share a screenshot of it so i can use something similar to that.
While I will try to install some themes and if it works then I will share the steps to get it working for you.
Sounds cool?

In terminal please type in uname -a and share the output.

Iā€™ll work on some color schemes and share a screen later today, or tomorrow. Below is the info you requested.

Thanks for your help. :grinning:

Do you have Ubuntu installed on your eMMC?

Ok I have checked and to change the window style you have to change the theme in ā€œLook and Feelā€, I will share few screenshots to help you with it.

Also will test bluetooth and share screenshots.

No, Iā€™m running off an SD card. Should that matter? Iā€™ll check out the Look-n-Feel settings.

No the reason I asked is that the manjaro kernel active right now is ubuntus kernel 4.9 as we never build 4.9 for manjaro, but thats a different case amd the bluetooth issue youā€™re facing might be cause of this.
To use the latest kernel with manjaro you need android in the EMMC.

Here is what kernel version I see.

Breath Theme

Breeze Theme

Breeze Dark the Default Theme

Bluetooth Search

1 Like

Ahha! I had flashed a version of LibreElec to the EMMC. I have no need for Android on an SBC. But if it needs to be there, Iā€™ll reflash it with Android. Will this situation with Android ever change? I suspect most ppl want to run their distro on the EMMc since itā€™s faster.

So, does Android provide ā€˜APIā€™ hooks for Ubuntu to use? I know thatā€™s an over-simplification statement.

Personally, I donā€™t care for any of those color schemes, but thatā€™s just me. Those colors look similar to the colors Iā€™m dealing with.

Yes I think khadas team is going to release or have release ubuntu for emmc which have got rid for this kernel overlapping issue for Vim1 which I have personally tested, i havent tried with the vim3 might give it a try tonight and share my experience.

Regarding the theme I shared thats the only ones available for now.

Libreelec kernel 4.9 does not exist. Specify the exact version of the LE image and where you got it.

I never said I installed LibreElec kernel 4.9 to EMMC. It was this version

The version I mentioned in an earlier post (screenshot) was for kernel 4.9.179-1 and that was being booted directly from an SD card. According to spikerguy, Manjaro is based on a Ubuntu kernel. I have since re-flashed the EMMC with Android while I continue to test some of the other Linux distros. Some of the Khadas documentation is confusing to say the least.

You wrote that you installed (flashed) Libreelec in eMMC.

The specified image is here. These are my builds and I have never had a version with a 4.9 kernel.
libreelec-amlg12.arm-9.80-devel-20190906134858-60568a1-s922x

https://yadi.sk/d/ZQ3gbGVDC8XrpA

If you installed this version in eMMC, you would never see a message about kernel 4.9 (which you showed) and Manjaro would show the correct version of kernel 5.X (with working BT). Therefore, you wrote a lie that you used LE in eMMC.

Ok. Letā€™s see if I can clear this up. And, no, I did not write a lie.

My post that started this all was regarding the theme colors I was getting in Manjaro that was installed and run on an SD card, NOT the eMMC. At the time, I provided spikerguy with version information on my Manjaro install that included a 4.9 kernel. Thatā€™s when spikerguy informed me that, ā€œTo use the latest kernel with manjaro you need android on the eMMCā€¦ā€ That was not true in my case, as I had already flashed/installed LIbreElec to the eMMC. I said nothing about the version # of LibreElec. All subsequent screen-shots were in reference to my Manjaro distro running from the SD card!

While the version #4.9 was shown in the screen-shot, it was NOT from LibreElec running from eMMC. It was from Manjaro! I only mentioned LibreElec in this thread because spikerguy asked if I had Ubuntu installed on the eMMC. I never once mentioned that the version 4.9 in any screen-shot was from LibreElec, because that was not the issue we were discussing. You simply assumed it was from the screen-shot of Manjaro.

Anyway, all is well, and no need to be-labor this any further.

Editā€¦For the record the version of LibreElec I had installed on eMMC was 9.80 per your builds.

@Spikerguy,

I finally got the latest LXQt version of Manjaro loaded, and it looks much better than what I was dealing with before. Obviously, it now looks like the screen-shots you included above. Much more pleasing to the eye.