Manjaro Linux - KDE-Plasma & XFCE for VIM1

Good to hear that, next I will try to get vdec to work and if that happens soon then we will have a complete desktop replacement device yeayy

3 Likes

@Spikerguy, I’ve tried to run vlc with mkv 720p video, and i was checking if it’s accelerated, it doesn’t have many dropped frames, it runs ok.

I am getting package is not available for the aarch64 architecture error in pamac aur, what can i do with it?

I was looking about adding “aarch64”, but i don’t know what file i need to edit, makepkg -a runs through terminal i suppose?

You can use mpv for better smoothness of video playback

Which package are you trying to install ?

2 Likes

@Spikerguy,

Wooow that’s quick, yeah i know mpv is better, it was just for the test.

Tux paint for a child, it is aarch64 supported, available in Ubuntu repo.

Yes use this aur PKGBUILD and do makepkg -asci or makepkg -Asci I am not sure but one of it should work.

Good luck also make sure you have heatsink while compiling .

1 Like

Hi @Spikerguy, Does Manjaro works on VIM3? Can someone suggest me any OS which support MIPI camera on VIM3, TS050 touchscreen and its screen rotation to Landscape. Because I use Ubuntu which doesn’t support screen rotation and also tried android Pie which supports everthing, but MIPI camera output is somewhat blueish like shown here? Any suggestion would work.

No distro can support MIPI and TS050 yet until its drivers are written for mainline kernel.

Drivers are only present for legacy kernel like 4.19.

2 Likes

Updated to kernel 5.7.6

1 Like

hi, is this kernel fixing the brcmfmac issue with country code preventing it from letting the chipset usinf for example channel 13 wlan networks ?

1 Like

I am not aware of this as I have not tested wifi in specific channels.

There was not change to the wifi firmware, So I doubt that there will be any changes to the driver.

1 Like

if i ever test your latest manjaro and it cannot connect to a legit ssid in my country, then is there a chance that you would try to at least perform some diagnostic ?

Sure you can try it and report back on manjaro arm. Forum.

We have a dev who is aware wifi stuff so he might be able to help.

I’m ready to try,
would your distro display ok without any manual tweak on a 1366 x 768 display ? and on a full HD display?
I’m about to test xfce for vim1, so I guess that this is the place to go : https://osdn.net/projects/manjaro-arm/storage/vim1/xfce/20.05/
I understand that you do not have any resq variant yet, correct me if I’m wrong.
I can see only 20.04 xfce for vi1, and no 20.06 yet ! ohhh
tks

I flashed a 20.04 xfce vim1 image to an sd card, my vim1 currently has this official khadas image in its EMMC saying…

Welcome to Fenix 0.9.1 Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster) Linux 5.7.0

This image (and its uboot) are fully able to boot SD cards, at least this other khadas official ubuntu distro on sd, without manual intervention, and saying…

Welcome to Fenix 0.7 Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS Linux 5.3.0-rc4

alas, the SD card containing manjaro does not boot, the emmc is started instead.
Do not suggest me to install some android image in emmc as a prerequisite, but
any button touch during startup oa a non destructive command line (to be defined) entered at uboot prompt are ok options.

I’ve opened a topic in majaro forum here : https://forum.manjaro.org/t/vim1-pro-manjaro-xfce-20-04-first-boot-from-sd-card-issue/153856
tks!

You need to have android on emmc for manjaro to load from sd card or usb.
Sorry but that’s the only way we have at the moment for khadas vims.

ok, thank you. :worried: :worried: :worried: :worried: :worried: :worried: :worried: :worried: :worried:

on may 5, you wrote:

…We do not provide any bootloader as of now but once i get time to built mainline uboot for vims and they turn out to be fine then will release new images with mainline uboot…

You know there is a stable enough mainline uboot for VIM1 and for a while now,
I understand that you relied on the android’s bootloader in emmc to (select a dtb and) start your kernel from your SD card.
Maybe it’s time to move forward with your plan, dear !?

could you please help me to boot the xfce manjaro present on my sdcard (or usb sdcard reader) from the mainline uboot prompt ? You mentionned addresses, dtb, bootloader etc… how did you finally do without installing the whole android image in your emmc ?

I can create an image with mainline uboot but to boot into it you will have to manually enter into multiboot.
Which means every time you need to boot into sd card with mainline uboot then you have to press the key combination as it will not boot into sd card without that.
I will try to get an image for you with mainline uboot.

https://chewitt.libreelec.tv/testing/9.80/u-boot/u-boot.bin.khadas-vim <= u-boot.bin.sd.bin for VIM1 … not sure of version but either 2020.04 or 2020.07…

2 Likes