Long-press tooltips don't appear on rotated screens (90/270) of Android

Which Khadas SBC do you use?

VIM3

Which system do you use? Android, Ubuntu, OOWOW or others?

Android

Which version of system do you use? Khadas official images, self built images, or others?

Official image & self built image

Please describe your issue below:

When app icons are pressed long, “App Info” tooltips should be shown over the icons.
But it’s not working on the rotated (90 or 270) screens.

BTW, I found that these 2 cases made it active temporarily.
After reboot, it became inactive again though.

1. In the settings, change the font size to any size.
  2. On Home screen, long-press the background, then “Home settings” tooltip appears.
    On the Home settings page, just click “Notification dots”.

There weren’t console logs or logcats when this problem occurred.

Follow this issue, please.
I guess you could reproduce this problem easily.

Thanks,

Hello, thank you for your feedback. I have verified this problem on the VIM3 64-bit system, but there is no VIM3 32-bit system. If you have no requirements for 32-bit or 64-bit firmware, you can use the 32-bit firmware first. firmware, we will fix this problem in subsequent firmware

About this origin notification, our system is turned on by default, if you need to turn it off, click the following settings to jump

Droid Settings ——> Apps ——> Special app access ——> Notification access ——> Show notification dots

to close

Hello,

I just mentioned those 2 cases because the long-press tooltips worked well temporarily after those actions.
But after rebooting, it doesn’t work again.

Thanks,

There needs to be an application shortcut in the workspace. Add one as follows or manually add a commonly used application shortcut in landscape mode. After you switch to vertical screen and long press the application icon, it will not be useless.

xiong@server:/users/xiong/work/amlogic/vim3/vim3_64bit/packages/apps/Launcher3$ git diff
diff --git a/res/xml/default_workspace_5x6.xml b/res/xml/default_workspace_5x6.xml
index 32800fc5e..8493c265e 100644
--- a/res/xml/default_workspace_5x6.xml
+++ b/res/xml/default_workspace_5x6.xml
@@ -26,5 +26,12 @@
         launcher:y="-1"
         launcher:uri="#Intent;action=android.intent.action.MAIN;category=android.intent.category.APP_CONTACTS;end" />

+    <resolve
+        launcher:screen="0"
+        launcher:x="-1"
+        launcher:y="-1" >
+        <favorite launcher:uri="#Intent;action=android.intent.action.MAIN;category=android.intent.category.APP_MARKET;end" />
+        <favorite launcher:uri="market://details?id=com.android.launcher" />
+    </resolve>

</favorites>
1 Like