Little Disapointed running coreelec

DTS ,DTS-HD MASTER, DTS-X, TrueHD, Dolby Atmos Still don’t work.

Is this a license problem?

1 Like

Solved by switching to S905X4 soc.

1 Like

checking in after a few months, any update or news that can be shared?

1 Like

Is there at least one sign to reassure us that things are moving forward? :eyes:

Hello @David_T

Still work in progress, it is not easy to resolve this issue…

1 Like

so having a nose and just noticed this thread not sure how i missed it till now

so i guess this is our answer

numbqq Khadas Team
Yes, the SoC shipped on VIM4 doesn’t support Dolby.

@numbqq says it’s more of a bug… ?

Maybe it’s an info they added after they became aware of this bug…

The simplest would be a Vim 4.1 or a Vim5 with hardware that supports HD sound easily, and offer a standard exchange for loyal customers who have been able to wait until then. :see_no_evil:

→ Amlogic S928X :fire:

It’s getting long :eyes:

Is it possible to consider a commercial gesture for a refund of the product, or an exchange for a model that corrects this?

Thanking you,
Cordially.

Sell it and move on, nothing is gunna happen

Hello @David_T

Sorry, we are now debuging with the new 5.15 kernel on VIM4 and we will check this issue wiith this new kernel.

1 Like

That would be good news. When will this new kernel be available?

@David_T The new kernel will be available in Q3.

1 Like

i have been told it doesn’t work on the new kernal also

Hi,
The new kernel would finally be available??

it was a statement from the coreelec team that it still doesn’t work on kernal 5.15

i still find it pretty poor that they still advertise it as a use case for coreelec and yet no mention that it cannot do HD audio still

You guys didn’t pay for license and it will never work as advertised.

If the promise is not kept before the end of the year, we will push for a refund or replacement… I have supported Khadas for years, promoted this company on CE forums and purchased dozens of products Khadas. This is the first time I’ve been disappointed, and I sincerely hope they don’t let us down with this.

Headless server duty for home assistant runs great. Just preordered the ugoos am8 to replace my S905X4.

Hello @David_T

Sorry for issues, we tried to push Amlogic to fix this issue on VIM4, but for certain business reasons, license is required to enable the passthrough, so it is not supported by default.