Little Disapointed running coreelec

It would be a really big disappointment if it didn’t move for HD audio. In 2023 anyway, a box at this price. :frowning:

And regarding Dolby Vision, do you know if there is a chance ?

1 Like

i’ve no idea if HD audio works in android and no desire to find out, but we are using the box outside of how amlogic intended, my issue is Khadas advertises coreelec as working with the VIM4 when it cleary doesn’t work as you would expect and no warning on the product page to say there is an issue with HD audio, i sold my device at a loss but i wasn’t prepared to loose even more by holding my breath and waiting for this to be fixed

2 Likes

I understand and I hesitate to do the same in the face of the lack of reassuring communication on this subject. :frowning:

I let another two months go by.

1 Like

Hello @maff76 @David_T

Sorry for the issues of HD audio passthrough, we are pushing Amlogic to fix this issue, could you tell me which format of audio doesn’t work on your side?

1 Like

TrueHD, Master Audio, DTS HD, Dolby Atmos

1 Like

DTS-HD, DTS-X, TrueHD, Dolby Atmos

Hello @maff76 @luckylukz @David_T

We will try to fix this issue and will update status here.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello @maff76 @luckylukz @David_T

We will try to fix this issue and will update status here.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Thanks ! We cross our fingers and wish you good luck.

Yeah remote power on would be a great feature to add, I have a usb wireless keyboard\mouse combo with a dedicated power button, turns it off after 5-10 seconds but won’t turn it back on, kind of annoying to have to walk over to it each time to push the button when everything else is on at the push of a remote.

2 months and no update!!!

1 Like

Give it another year. I’m moving back to Libreelec and putting the VIM4 on the back burner.

1 Like

It gets worrying. :cry:
It would be nice to know if at least it is possible or not…

1 Like

Hello @David_T @luckylukz @rome1931

Sorry, we are still checking this issue and will update status here.

1 Like

Has AMlogic acknowledged the problem?

2 Likes

Hello @rome1931

Yes, we are checking with them.

2 Likes

DTS ,DTS-HD MASTER, DTS-X, TrueHD, Dolby Atmos Still don’t work.

Is this a license problem?

1 Like

Solved by switching to S905X4 soc.

1 Like

checking in after a few months, any update or news that can be shared?

1 Like

Is there at least one sign to reassure us that things are moving forward? :eyes: