LCD Mount for Khadas Captain + Edge / Edge-V

Android is fine. But most of us are Linux Enthusiast.

So Linux Images will make us more excited :smiley:

Good Work though. But 1 question currently this whole project for LCD Mount is only for Edge :frowning:

While as I see VIM3 is the next Powerful SOC. Any plan to make something similar for VIM3?

1 Like

Yeap it’s a good idea. I’ll have to find out from @goenjoy if the touchscreen will work properly on Ubuntu.

At the same time, how do you plan on using Ubuntu on such a tiny screen? Plug keyboard and mouse into the USB?

Are there Linux distros optimised for touchscreens?

Regarding some kind of LCD mount for VIM3, I’m wondering if a simpler approach would be more effective…something like using the same FR4 board to mount the screen.

The movable “3d” acrylic hinge, and “complete acrylic casing” was fun and all, but it’s actually rather challenging to glue together in the factory.

Perhaps avoiding glue is a good idea, as sometimes they glue the pieces in reverse, or the glue spills over the edges in a messy sorta way. :smile:

1 Like

I was going through some video of Raspberian with Higher resolution as per the screen size. Atleast it was able to make use of the touch screen as cursor input and dot basic stuff.

But If we can do something of around 7 -10 Inch screen it would make a perfect Tab with Full Size Linux. That was the whole point I started Tinkering with SBC.

Also I was thinking of Android with full Gamepad software support. As I couldnt find anything like that which can support Games like Pubg with a gamepad. I Saw a video of Nindendo Switch Android hack and the price of Old Switch increased. So I see there is a need for Android device with Gamepad(Joypad) integrated.

1 Like

Yes this is not very important. I prefer something practice and something which is needed in normal use cases.

1 Like

Sounds good, I’m thinking subsequent cases will focus on:

• Glue-less construction
  • Flat-packing
  • Simple laser-cut design (acrylic / FR4)
  • User self-assembly with high-quality fasteners
1 Like

Final, final version. I think the feet and gold buttons are a nice touch.

1 Like

Mirrored displays. I’ll have to ask @goenjoy how to enable dual independent displays.

1 Like

More closeups of the changes made.

2 Likes
  • Demonstration steps
    1,Edge-V Edge_Pie_V190816.7z firmware supports Dual screen abnormal display(hdmi + mipi or dp + mipi).
    2,Download and Installation DualVideoScreen.apk
    3,Copy an MP4 video to / sdcard / directory, named 123. mp4
    4,Open the DualVideoScreen application and display the video on the secondary screen. The main screen can operate other applications normally
    5,Click on DualVideoScreen again to turn off the dual-screen display
3 Likes

Can I get this enclosure in the shop?

1 Like

Soon, it is being manufactured now, and will be available in a months time.

2 Likes

Thank you for your response.
I am looking forward to it.

1 Like

Would you be interested in making a Case which can Fit in the screen, a battery and Vim with heatsink atleast? To turn it into a portable Device? Maybe 7 or 10 inch screen in future designs?

1 Like

Yes we are toying with the idea :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@goenjoy has fixed most of the bugs in the android build. It looks pretty now, with custom icons for:

• Power-off
  • Volume Down
  • Back
  • App Launcher
  • App Switcher
  • Volume Up

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Kinda looks like an SBC version of R2D2 :smiley:

Good Job!
Hope to soon see that VIM3+M2X casing looking as good…

2 Likes

Thanks! There seems to be quite a lot of interest in casings.

• VIM3 + M2X
  • VIM3 + TS050 Touchscreen
3 Likes

Very nice, I want one.

2 Likes

I think we all want one…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Alright guys, I’ve just finished the “marketing video” for the case.

We call it the “Kap Case”!

YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5OtHuVsIP0

Available at Khadas Shop:

• Casing + Fasteners Only ($10)
  • Complete Kit, Edge Pro ($250, normal-price $320)

4 Likes