Krescue - take full control of your VIM device! easy way to install ANY OS! + back/restore your system

ANDROID TV (ATV) from SC images UPDATES for krescue

SOURCES : image converter (beta test variant) => https://github.com/hyphop/khadas-rescue-tools/blob/master/tools/aml2raw

PS: somebody write me full list for latest workable ATV images plz ! i will make update krescue images

3 Likes

Working version VIM3L.Android.TV.v2.0-20200120.SC.emmc.kresq (I have it installed now), when version number 3 appears I can test it and write it better than previous ones or not (now you can definitely delete the version VIM3L.Android.TV_FINAL-v1.0-20191023.SC.emmc.kresq - outdated badly buggy version).

please check the sound search (this is the main thing in android TV) in all versions on Vim3l - voice search do not work and default keyboard do not work when you press ENTER (@superceleron claims that everything should work in all versions).

@hyphop perhaps somehow once install the TWRP and install the image as on a smartphone with root rights (is it very easy and wouldn’t have to bother you every time with a request to update the image?)? is it possible on vim3l?
P.S. New version android Pie for Vim3L (Builds v4 20201124 this is VIM3L.Android.Pie_V201113.emmc.kresq or not? Number in the title indicates that - no, but by the date of addition/create image it looks like the fourth version).

please check the sound search (this is the main thing in android TV) in all versions on Vim3l - voice search do not work and default keyboard do not work when you press ENTER (@superceleron claims that everything should work in all versions).

sorry im not anrdoid user - i just check and support basic installation process - all issue submit for android developers

P.S. New version android Pie for Vim3L (Builds v4 20201124 1 this is VIM3L.Android.Pie_V201113.emmc.kresq or not? Number in the title indicates that - no, but by the date of addition/create image it looks like the fourth version).

i just convert this our last image https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/VIM3L/Android/VIM3L_Pie_V201113.7z

definitely delete the version VIM3L.Android.TV_FINAL-v1.0-20191023.SC.emmc.kresq - outdated badly buggy version).

OK removed

1 Like

Manjaro linux - images updates to latest for VIM1 VIM2 VIM3 VIM3L Edge

• Edge.Manjaro-ARM-xfce-20.06.raw.img.xz
  • VIM1.Manjaro-ARM-xfce-20.10.raw.img.xz
  • VIM2.Manjaro-ARM-mate-20.12.raw.img.xz
  • VIM2.Manjaro-ARM-minimal-20.12.raw.img.xz
  • VIM3L.Manjaro-ARM-kde-20.12.raw.img.xz
  • VIM3L.Manjaro-ARM-minimal-20.12.raw.img.xz
  • VIM3L.Manjaro-ARM-xfce-20.12.raw.img.xz
  • VIM3.Manjaro-ARM-mate-20.12.raw.img.xz
  • VIM3.Manjaro-ARM-minimal-20.12.raw.img.xz

NOTE: no need special download this images - all of images available by online installation from krescue !

NOTE: plz use latest krescue for install images

DL IMAGES

DL Krescue

images converter scripts source

PS: i have check only successfully installation process before user prompt - for all boards !!! any disto problem plz ->>> buzz @Spikerguy or other manjaro team members

6 Likes

Krescue SYSTEM - UPDATE!!!

some krescue images work in last krescue system only !!!

PLZ UPDATE system to latest version

__ _____ 
    / //_/ _ \___ ___ ______ _____ 
   / ,< / , _/ -_|_-</ __/ // / -_)
  /_/|_/_/|_|\__/___/\__/\_,_/\__/                                    
 extreme tiny and fast rescue system

BUILD: 201222_444 from: Tue 22 Dec 2020 11:07:20 AM UTC

[i] POST_CONFIG:  booted=spi hwver=VIM3.V12
[i] Device: VIM3L Amlogic:SM1 ver:0x0f04 4 cores 2G ram 14.5 G eMMC

6 Likes

yumm yumm!! thank you!!! luv it and happy holidays

3 Likes

Krescue V1.0 released

after one year developing and testing - Krescue v1.0 was released, many changes and improves was made …

BIG thanks everyone for usage and testing and everything … Happy New Year everyone :wink:

__ _____  
    / //_/ _ \___ ___ ______ _____ 
   / ,< / , _/ -_|_-</ __/ // / -_)
  /_/|_/_/|_|\__/___/\__/\_,_/\__/ 

extreme tiny and fast rescue system

BUILD: 201230_442 from: Wed Dec 30 11:04:22 2020

DOWNLOAD

SOURCES

7 Likes

How to add img from outside to the list.

Example manjaro xfce

are your talking about this list https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/Krescue/images/ ?

Happy new year,
@numbqq @hyphop I suggest you integrate fenix actions images here https://github.com/khadas/fenix/actions/runs/414714178#artifacts and kescue to let us choose also the latest builds directly from github and do one step automatic flash from cloud to emmc !
Cheers.

1 Like

You cannot.

Anyways any Rolling Release distro added to Krescue will fail after bootloader package gets updated cos manual manipulation is done during the creation of the image.

I will have to make a special image for krescue without the boot-vimX package so they don’t break after update.

Do you need it for the emmc ?

3 Likes

Anyways any Rolling Release distro added to Krescue will fail after bootloader package gets updated

very interesting :wink:

I will have to make a special image for krescue without the boot-vimX package so they don’t break after update.

just need to make normal package or images

1 Like

UPDATE: all Manjaro Linux images are updated

changes

• update/upgrade issue was fixed (now we can do sudo pacman -Syyu without problems ) big tnx for @Spikerguy for clarify problem
  • added new images : VIM3L.Manjaro-ARM-mate-20.12.raw.img.xz and VIM3.Manjaro-ARM-xfce-20.12.raw.img.xz

NEED MORE TESTING !! TNX for all

NOTE: remove old images and re-download again !!!

5 Likes

NEW Manjaro Linux minimal images for VIM1 and Edge

• VIM1.Manjaro-ARM-mini-20.01.raw.img.xz
  • Edge.Manjaro-ARM-mini-20.01.raw.img.xz
3 Likes

Can a file manager be added to krescu? Or can the files in emmc be edited via shell?

krescue have simple file manager already (only for listing and delete download image files )

for explore internal emmc u can use simple shell

1 Like

I don’t know which route to take to reach emmc! I opened shell but could not access emm.

next magic linux commands blkid mount mkdir cd can help u :wink:

2 Likes