Krescue for EDGE (Rockchip rk3399)

2 Likes

Mine is 8.9" and considerably thicker lol but much coolerā€¦

2 Likes

Oh yeah, that is a cute little PC, wish to get one, but to my eye, its still a toy, need something bigger than 12 inches or else I canā€™t see anything :nerd_face:

Is that a ā€œbetter thermal jokeā€ or a ā€œMore fancyā€ joke or a mix of both ? :smile:

Iā€™ve been through two edges already. Power issues firmware issues. That was 4 months ago. I didnā€™t think krescue for edge would ever happen :wink: @hyphop but then I saw back in may that hyphop was close to release so I bought my third and final set and promised myself not to power on until krescue. Been praying for a krescue ever since :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

It was definitely both good catch. Thereā€™s a third unintended innuendo that we can safely ignoreā€¦:rofl:

2 Likes

I understand, and I agree mate, I agreeā€¦ :rofl:

donā€™t worry, your prayers have been answered :innocent:

Hello! if not difficult, remind about the problem and have they been resolved for you?
:slightly_smiling_face:

I think itā€™s not an accident that you trust Khadas!
:point_up::wink:

No not trust. Iā€™m just stubborn. Iā€™m a Taurus. Issues were never resolved and Iā€™ve seen quite a few in the forum with the same symptoms. No boot canā€™t put in boot loader mode. PC wonā€™t recognize. White light dimly flashed then shuts down. My hypothesis after all this time is that I must have had power going in the USB c and when I plugged in the other USB c to the computer it fried the board. I heard a high pitched sound when ever I plugged my edge in to a power source through usb c.

in fact, itā€™s all the little things, once sorted out and forgot forever!
:smiley:

Probably, might have been caused by the voltage difference of USB-C PD

either the sound of singing gospels, mourning your powersupplyā€™s heavenly demise, or coil whine, I believe you know which one :upside_down_face:

PLZ WAIT SEVERAL DAYS !!! we are testing and try make first close to stable release - be a patient! ( will be on this week or next )

4 Likes

OK! done
we can download krescue system images for Edge sbcs now

Edge images ( at this moment only 4 images => https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/Krescue/images/ )

• Edge-FreeBSD-aarch64-13.0-CURRENT-20200620.img.xz
  • Edge_Ubuntu-gnome-focal_Linux-5.7_arm64_SD-USB_V0.9.1-20200602.img.xz
  • Khadas.OPENWRT.19.07.3.v0.7.servers.emmc.kresq
  • Khadas.UBOOT.mainline.emmc.kresq

PS: no need manually download them - u can install all under krescue gui (sure device must be connected to internet )

4 Likes

Hi Hip Hop, is this build not only for advanced users?
:grin:

its universal same for advanced as for lamers

2 Likes

You mean technical newbies, right ?
:grin:

this is for people like you and me

:joy:

joke
:point_up::wink:

the Jokes are not on me mateā€¦
:rofl:

4 Likes