Khadas VIM4 PoE with M2X shield

Hello.
I’ve got a Vim4 board and PoE shield for it. When I plug in power adapter without PoE shield, board starts and works perfectly, but with shield connected it starts once per 10 times. Could the problem originate from a small interconnection black/red cord? Or, maybe, in connectors? Or my PoE shield is broken?

1 Like

Hi @Vsaritos
Are you able to provide further details of the PoE router to us?

Basically, you will need to ensure the PoE module able to provide up to 24W powers.

Good day!

I’ve left comment to my order on AliExpress.
I’ve ordered a separate 12V 2A (as I saw it in your shop on AliExpress) PoE injector adapter. The problem is - board does not start with connected shield and type-c adapter (diode flashes or lites in half-voltage) and diode does not lite on at all with PoE adapter connected.
With m2x disconnected sbc works like a charm.
12V 2A are from the m2x spec. This gives 24W power supply. :grin:

Hi, @Gouwa.
Here are some videos of the problem.

Some more.

Hello @Vsaritos

Does Type-C adaptor power on well if you just connect M2X board to M.2 connect and not connect the VIN cable ?

1 Like

Hello, @numbqq. No, the board does not start with m2x connected to m2 and VIN cable not connected. See video below.

I’ve checked m2 connector on vim4 with m2 nvme disk and it works perfectly, so the problem is :100: with m2x shield…

Hello @Vsaritos

We will contact you later.

Thanks.

@numbqq i have exact same problem. VIM 4 randomly cannot start (no led blinking, no button reactions, no hdmi output) with M2X module attached.

How about remove the M2X module?

Without M2X module Vim 4 runs flawlessly

Hello @netosha

Have you attached devices on the M2X? And how you supply the power? Please use our PD adaptor to supply the power.

@numbqq I tried with Apple PD 35 and 96 watt power adapters and ZMI QB820 (upto 45 watt via PD). None of them works. No devices attached to m2x.

Suggest you to use our PD adaptor to supply the power.