@Gouwa has got some good news:
Our VIM3 SBC with the Amlogic S922X SoC will be launching soon!
Please help us out by sharing #VIM3 with your friends, and discussing with this forum thread!
+ Faster CPU Performance: Big-little architecture. x4 high-performance Cortex-A73 cores, paired with x2 efficiency Cortex-A53 cores.
+ Neural Processing Unit for A.I.: Next generation, deep-neural-network applications, at 2.5 TOPS.
+ Switchable PCIe and USB 3.0: Use the Khadas KBI to switch the “combo interface” to either the USB-3.0 port or PCIe interface.
+ USB-C Power Delivery: Wide-range of power input, from 5-20V for power-hungry applications, e.g. Microphone Array and Speakers.
+ Dual Independent Displays: HDMI and MIPI-DSI, with 3-axis digital accelerometer for display rotation detection.
Supported ROMs (work-in-progress):
- Android 9 (Pie)
- Ubuntu XFCE 18.04
- LibreELEC (Kodi GBM + Linux 5.1), thanks @chewitt
The VIM3 SBC is the latest iteration of the popular Khadas VIM series, equipped with the faster Amlogic S922X SoC. The S922X is based on the big-little CPU architecture: x4 Cortex A73 performance-cores and x2 Cortex A53 efficiency-cores are merged into a hexa-core configuration, and fabricated with a 12nm process to maximise both thermal and electrical efficiency.
VIM3 is designed with the same form-factor as our popular VIM2 and VIM1, with up to 4GB of LPDDR4/4X RAM and 32GB of EMMC storage; this makes it compatible with existing VIM accessories such as the New VIM Heatsink and 3705 Cooling Fan.
3 models of VIM3 are planned for release, however specifications for only the first model are available at this time. We will announce the exact launch date, and information about the other models in email updates. Help support #VIM3 by sharing our Facebook and Twitter posts, participating in our forum discussion at Khadas Forum, and writing a blog article.
Resources For Bloggers:
VIM3 Specifications: Download PDF
VIM3 Comparison Table (Edge-V, Odroid-N2): Download PDF
VIM3 4K Photographs: Perspective - Top - Bottom
Social Sharing Images (Perspective): 720P - 1080P - 4K
Social Sharing Images (Underside): 720P - 1080P - 4K
LibreELEC on VIM3 Pro: Photograph by @chewitt
Description of the #VIM3 Underside:
- 4-lane MIPI-CSI with two clocks
- For a single camera configuration, lanes D0-D3 are paired with CLKA
- For two camera configuration, lanes D0-D1 are paired with CLKA and lanes D2-D3 are paired with CLKB
- PINOUT compatible with Edge-V
- 4-lane MIPI-DSI, resolution up to 1920*1080
- PINOUT compatible with Edge-V
- M-Key M.2 Connector
- 1-lane PCIe 2.0, USB 2.0, 8-Ch I2S, I2C, 100-Mbit Ethernet, GPIO
Recent #VIM3 Blog Articles:
- Cnx-software.com (English)
- Linuxgizmos.com (English)
- Tuxmachines.org (English)
- Notebookcheck.com (English)
- Fossbytes.com (English)
- Appmarsh.com (English)
- Hackerboards.com (English)
- Notebookcheck.com (German)
- Servernews.ru (Russian)
- Domoticaencasa.es I (Spanish)
- Domoticaencasa.es II (Spanish)
- Android PC (Spanish)
- Raspberryparatorpes.net (Spanish)
- Edubox.org (Spanish)
- Gadgetrip.jp (Japanese)
- New VIM Heatsink
- 3705 Cooling Fan
- Khadas Tone Board
- DIY Case
- Metal Plate
- Multi-Touch LCD
- USB-C (male-to-male) Cable
- USB-C 24W Adapter (with USB PD)
- HDMI 2.0 Cable
- M.2 Converter (allows for flipping the SSD into VIM3’s footprint)
- PoE Module (to be confirmed, dependent on user demand)
Khadas Official Channels: