Khadas VIM3 is launching on 24 June!

For cluster variations there is a lot you could take off, you could even take the TF card out and put a minimal image on the SPI flash and remote boot it using NFS. You could also power over the USB socket and use USB networking. A minimal depopulated board version for clusters would be amazing - and depending on price point I suspect you would sell quite a few as well!

@Gouwa if youve got plans here I would be interesting in chatting - been working on some stuff!

4 Likes

Hi khadas,

What oscillator are you using on the vim 3 (and what frequency) ? I wonder if it could fit both 44.1 khz and 48 khz audio data through i2s (which ought to be an issue on the Rpi3) ?
Despite the S922 features, will we be able to send out more than 2 audio (numerical) channel though i2s considering your hardware desing ?

regards

The oscillator for SoC is 24MHz.

The I2S support up to 384KHz, more details as below:

And for VIM3 we leave two channels I2S over:

• M.2 Connector: support 8 ch, can be used for Mic Array
  • 40-pin GPIO: support 4 ch, can be sued for Speaker

VIM3 M.2 Connector Pinout

VIM3 40-PIN Header Pinout

Good day!

2 Likes

This option is VIM 3
No bluetooth, wi-fi, mmc card and perfect this idea.
Contact that has khadas VTV support. dvb-s / dvb-c.
Great idea!
And an optional for all tastes and pockets
Well paid for accessories that do not use great for the budget of many people.
I particulary do not use bluetooth, wi-fi, mmc card.

1 Like

I think the same.I don’t want Bluetooth.I want it to be VTV

2 Likes

Another detail I do not see any need on 4 USB ports.
Just 2 and enough a 2.0 another 3.0

2 Likes

@Gouwa It would be great if the new Tone Board support I2S input via the VIM edition.

Will that in your roadmap for the new toneboard?

1 Like

Yep, the VIM3 support KTB Khadas Tone Board, but over USB on the 40-pin GOIO header not I2S.

Good day!

2 Likes

As for VTV…rather say TV…I would like to see ATSC with Clear QAM for the Americas.

4 Likes

Hi guys,

We’re still waiting for the cost-prices of a few components to settle before announcing the confirmed price to everyone - hence there was no email update yesterday.

Stay tuned!

5 Likes

Thanks, waiting patienlty!

1 Like

Adding some more photos of VIM3 with various accessories. I have quite a long list to photograph, will get down to it when the sun returns (it is rainy and dark in Shenzhen now). Links updated into the first post above.

P.S: If you see any odd inconsistencies in the images, it is because the engineers have likely lobotomised the board in some way during testing - so you could see the odd wire here or there. Maybe we should have a “spot the difference” contest.

8 Likes

@tsangyoujun
Do not forget to include Brazil in your Blog Articles.
Thank you.

1 Like

#VIM3 Pricing + Launch Schedule Update:

Hey everyone!

@Gouwa has got some awesome news regarding the #VIM3 price, that’s sure to turn some heads!

#VIM3 Launch Pricing:

VIM3 Basic (2 / 16GB): $69.99

VIM3 Pro (4 / 32GB): $99.99

#VIM3 Launch Day (via Khadas Shop):

24 June 2019!

This special launch price for the #VIM3 will end on 22 July 2019.

Stocks for our first production batch are limited, not everyone will be able to get #VIM3 at these low prices. Khadas will be announcing a small “competition”, to see who will be eligible!

We will announce more details about this competition in next week’s update. :wink:

Share the Good News: Facebook + Twitter

Warmly,
You Jun
Khadas Team

Short Video (YouTube): VIM3 (v10) + TS050 Touchscreen

7 Likes

You have a few more questions with no solid answers.
A doubt and will VTV support have khadas?
Can we watch live TV using VTV khadas?

1 Like

I love how it looks with the heatsink. Does it ever overheat with it?
I see the USB-c is over USB2. So it can only be powered with 5V? Or does it support quick charge too?
For me 5V is great. But quick charge gives possibilities. I don’t like the 12V for the N2 at all. Can’t power it with my power banks. Big dissapointment.
Any info on the power consumption? I expect it to be very low. Another great plus for me.

Great pricing. Good luck with the sales.
Greetings,
NicoD

1 Like

The heat is quite good due to the 12nm SoC process, but a heatsink is still recommend for heavy work loads.

Yep, the power input voltage range from 5V to 20V, and the quick charger with higher current output also works for VIM3.

Youjun will post the power consumption testing results in the future posts.

3 Likes

Hi erbas:
The VIM3 not support the DVB features due to all the TSIN pins of the SoC are occupied by some functionalities, more information here:

It’s a pity of VIM3 :frowning:

Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Thank you for your support!
All very well clarified.

1 Like

This starts to look more and more like the perfect SBC to me. Immens powerful CPU performance, low power consumption, possible to power with 5V, great heat characteristics, …
I don’t know what to ask more of an SBC. I’d take it with me on trips to edit and render my videos. Now I’ll take the NanoPi M4. But the thing consumes 2A maxed. This will be a lot less while even a lot faster.
12-nm vs 28-nm is a world of difference.

2 Likes