Khadas VIM3 is launching on 24 June!

Potentially spoiling the surprise :smile:

I’d rather wait for the announcement. I will enjoy it more then.

1 Like

Yes, but it does say max CPU frequency to be determined, so that is still a surprise. :grin:

@tsangyoujun Thank you for your response! Most importantly I would like to travel with it, so the power bank PD would be more important, but if the VIM3 is with a certified USB-C PD then it would be perfectly fine on 45w PD battery bank.

1 Like

Guys, if anyone is up for ordering and want to complete the Step 3, let me know as I am ready for a collaboration!

1 Like

Yep, VIM3 support USB-C PD feature.

S905X2 and S905D2 will be soon replaced by newer ones: S905X3 and S905D3.

2 Likes

905x3 should be OK not alot of difference much the same except

The Cortex-A55 cores deliver up to twice the performance compared to Cortex-A53 in memory benchmarks , and a more typical 20 to 30% performance improvement for common tasks at the same frequency.

Amlogic S905X3 has some optional features like the Neural Network Accelerator and a Cortex-M4 core for always-on processing, so more part numbers…:slight_smile:

All good

1 Like

Hey @x_w_r,

Just re-tweeting will do. :slight_smile:

Of course adding your own comments or thoughts would add a personal touch too.

Pls check your inbox. Thanks.

Two more features:

• VAD module for audio
  • HDMI eARC

ARC audio return Nice…
Vad microphone stuff so to speak I think
Handy for sure

1 Like

it’s eARC, not ARC :wink:

VAD will be interesting, specially if mine listens exclusively to me. :laughing:

2 Likes

Enhanced Audio Return Channel (also known as eARC) is the next generation of ARC. It’s a feature being implemented in the upcoming HDMI 2.1 specification

I was Close :slight_smile: I think

1 Like

All those new Vim3 features and none of my friends wants to buy it, that`s a pity.
Maybe someone in here is interested in completing Step 3 ? Just PM me.

3 Likes

I think you may find someone :wink: !

1 Like

I’m not buying it because there’s no DTV.

1 Like

Possible scenarios regarding Contest Step 3:

Or…how to get another $10-off.

Method 1 to Get $10-Off:

You <— Your Friend <— Your Friend’s Friend

Method 2 to Get $10-Off:

A Stranger <— You <— Your Friend

Doesn’t Work 1:

Stranger Stranger <— A Stranger <— You

Doesn’t Work 2:

Friend’s Friend <— Friend <— You

Doesn’t Work 3:

Person A <— Person B <— Person C
You <— Person B
You <— Person C

This works: You <— Person A

What you’ll notice is that although Person A has already completed his own chain , however because he hasn’t given his order# to anyone else, you can use his!

1 Like

The first question I ask when I buy a product for what I use it. VIM2 can be used in DTV, HIFI auditing and works with multiple operating systems; in the case of VIM3, I do not know what the future is, how it behaves thermally, whether it supports decoding of video hardware, etc. I’m waiting for extra data …

1 Like

You are correct, I’m working on updating https://khadas.com/vim3 with more details.