Khadas VIM3 is launching on 24 June!

Can i buy AliExpress now ?? We dont use paypal our country turkey ,ı now today 25 but ı want to buy this board for neural proces unit

2 Likes

@tsangyoujun @ahmetkemal I am suggesting an option to utilize aliexpress shipping/shopping for-
A. People not having paypal
B. People who want an option of aliexpress standard shipping instead of china registered post (like me) :slight_smile:

1. I(buyer) drop you a message.
  2. You (seller) create/suggest the listing.
  3. I order but don’t pay.
  4. You adjust the price, I make the payment and the transaction is closed.

Hi @meprateek @ahmetkemal
Thanks for the suggestions!

We removed the VIM3 temporary from the AliExpress because the pre-sale time has expired, and another reason is that the AliExpress platform cannot do pre-sale, that’s the reason why we ship add-ons first to make sure there is a tracking number for AliExpress.

And as the pre-sale is ended and there is not free add-ons for VIM3 backers now, so we just removed the VIM3 from AliExpress first.

I will talk with our team and find a solution :smile:

Have fun!

2 Likes

@Gouwa @tsangyoujun @A-Abby

Hi Gouwa,

Can you provide just a listing on aliexpress for a nominal price like a $1. This would be for using aliexpress standard shipping as an option. You should ask the user to provide their pre-order number. Post this you can use the aliexp platform for shipping the pre orders.

At least, this can solve my issue with China Registered Post as it is too slow and takes 30 days to reach me… :smile:
Let me know please. Thank you.

Regards,
Prateek

1 Like

Thanks so much ,i ordered from AliExpress ,ı just want to this card that owns the NPU
Hopefully take out the NPU driver for linux .

3 Likes

Final version of the M2X Extension Board (v11)!

4 Likes

Hello, When will these become available?
Thanks.

Both VIM3 & M2X are in SMT process now, we will ship out before mid Aug.

5 Likes

What are the plans for the production of a simple and flexible adapter for M2 (only to connect the module NVMe) price 2-3$ ?

8 Likes

Great question, however I have intention to buy the whole board, but will look into flexible adapter too!

The VIM V12 will be formal fabricate version?

1 Like

That Would be cool :slight_smile:

Yes you’re correct, it will be the final mass produced version. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes It would be especially relevant for the edge-v and may not cost more than few dollars as you estimated it.

Regarding user questions about why we had to make an M2X Extension Board:

4 Likes

Terry is adding the Android UI option of switching between PCI-E and USB 3.0 modes as well. Thanks @Terry!

7 Likes

That will be somewhat easier than the KBI method, and no USB-to-TTL.:grin:
Looking forward to it.

3 Likes

Will talk with our team for such a solution.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Good day!

1 Like

Problem = NVMe SSD is larger than the VIM3 board form factor :frowning:

Electronics Engineer solution = make an expensive carrier board!

Mechanical Engineer solution = make a cheap case that provides the capitve points needed to hold the board and the “overhanging” NVMe SSD … and also solves the problem that board + SSD needs a new case design anyway (as the current Khadas plastic-kids-toy case is too small).

IMHO the low-tech solution is often better then the high-tech solution.

3 Likes

Well, the two pictures clearly answer the following questions:

• Why increasing costs by adding PoE to the Extension Board?
  • Why increasing costs by adding mPCIe M.2 Key A in ‘USB only’ fashion?
  • Do you really think people wanting to benefit from rather slow NVMe storage are the same people who need also PoE and WWAN modems all at the same time?

Edit: just realized that it’s not even mPCIe but M.2 Key A to ensure that close to nothing can be inserted into this slot.