Khadas VIM3 is launching on 24 June!

I don’t have a VIM3, so this is just a guess. According to my data :slight_smile: , the distribution of the real speed (with the active use of read/write when compiling large projects) on S922 is about this. SD cards, eMMC, USB 3.0 (obviously good media that meet the parameters of USB 3.0), NVMe. This is not a 100% guarantee of such behavior, it is only a General trend and much depends on the specific parameters of the equipment used.

1 Like

VIM3 Update!

Participate in our contest to reserve a VIM3 (or several) at $69.99 (Basic) or $99.99 (Pro)!

Okay guys, our VIM3 contest is live at: https://khadas.com/vim3

Contest Rules:

Complete all competition tasks to reach the full discount price of $69.99 (VIM3 Basic) and $99.99 (VIM3 Pro). You may also choose to only partially-complete the tasks (e.g. share launch message for $10-off), however you will then only be entitled to a partial-discount on launch day.

• Complete Step 1: $10-off
  • Complete Steps 1 & 2: $20-off
  • Complete Steps 1, 2 & 3: $30-off
  • Complete Steps 1, 2, 3 & 4: $40-off (VIM3 Pro only, will unlock 1-week before launch day)

Your unique discount code will be sent via email on June 24th, so remember to hit subscribe if you’ve only completed step 1.

4 Likes

So if I understand well the contest, the normal price of vim3 (basic or pro) are 40$ more than current displayed price. The contest offers great discount, but I’m a bit disappointed compared to the price of Odroid N2.
The main advantage is the nvme port even if the single lane will limit performance and I agree that a version with sata ports will provide be a great NAS solution.

1 Like

Is the headsink a must have or a nice to have?

I want to buy the pro wit headsink but without the Fan.
Just want to use Kodi with coreelec

1 Like

The cooling fan is not a must for your use case due to the 12nm SoC process.

Have fun! :wink:

1 Like

VIM3 Basic: +$30
VIM3 Pro: +$40

1 Like

how do you know about #1 retweet launch day?

i retweet it with my twitter account.

in #2 i buy the Coupon an write my twitter name in the notes field:slight_smile:
“hope this is correct?”

in #3
how you know the correct email for the discount code? the email i used in #2?
Because my twitter mail is another one :slight_smile:

i subscribe with the mail i used for the 10$ Coupon

Good observations! :slight_smile:

i retweet it with my twitter account.

Yes I will compare your tweet in #1, with the twitter username provided in #2.

in #2 i buy the Coupon an write my twitter name in the notes field
“hope this is correct?”

Yes this is correct.

in #3
how you know the correct email for the discount code? the email i used in #2?
Because my twitter mail is another one :slight_smile:

When you did step #2, your email was registered in our system. It would be best if you put that email address into #3, along with your friend’s order #. Don’t re-use your own order #, as we can tell that it’s yours. :wink:

haha oh… i misunderstood #3
i used my one order# :frowning:

1 Like

You can still get your friend to do #2, and then input his order# into #3. :slight_smile:

mhhh i dont know a friend who neets the VIM3 :frowning:
i think #4 is only possible when i do #3.

maybe anyone here will be my friend so we share order# ???

1 Like

Yes you can do that actually, however each order # can only be shared once, to qualify. :wink:

Oh shit! I have put in my own order :persevere::persevere:

1 Like

It’s okay, you can always do it again with your friend’s order. :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: i do the same mistake :slight_smile:
but we can help each other…

how can i PM someone?

@Urajmal give me your mail… i will mail you so we can share our order# :slight_smile:

No problem, my email is tadej.b@gmail.com, I make a new order, so you will get the discount. :wink:

2 Likes

did you found someone else? you dont need to make an extra order just for me

No I haven’t, friends of mine, are not really interested in this, … they are nowhere near this. I will be ok with 20$ off too.

hi i emailed you :slight_smile:

edit:
got it… and used it :slight_smile: mine order# is on the way

Hey guys I have two-three questions about the Khadas VIM 3.

Maybe @tsangyoujun can give a bit more details on this topic.

The other day there were these two or three locked pictures of additional VIM 3 models that should be released in the future, can you guys explain for what this is? All I can think in my head is a MAX model with more eMMC.

Also it says the following:

*LPDDR4 or LPDDR4X RAM will be selected randomly during manufacturing.

I am a bit confused why it says this, I know there are some randomization in processing from time to time, but doesn’t this mean that the boards will actually be different when one ram module type is picked over the another, because as far as I know they are not backward compatible? Also it can make a huge difference if you want to use the model in a portable setting, or something like @NicoD use case.

Lastly, are there any temperature differences numbers available between different use-cases with heatsink and with and without a fan?

Thank you!

1 Like