Khadas VIM3 is launching on 24 June!

VIM3 Basic: +$30
VIM3 Pro: +$40

1 Like

how do you know about #1 retweet launch day?

i retweet it with my twitter account.

in #2 i buy the Coupon an write my twitter name in the notes field:slight_smile:
ā€œhope this is correct?ā€

in #3
how you know the correct email for the discount code? the email i used in #2?
Because my twitter mail is another one :slight_smile:

i subscribe with the mail i used for the 10$ Coupon

Good observations! :slight_smile:

i retweet it with my twitter account.

Yes I will compare your tweet in #1, with the twitter username provided in #2.

in #2 i buy the Coupon an write my twitter name in the notes field
ā€œhope this is correct?ā€

Yes this is correct.

in #3
how you know the correct email for the discount code? the email i used in #2?
Because my twitter mail is another one :slight_smile:

When you did step #2, your email was registered in our system. It would be best if you put that email address into #3, along with your friendā€™s order #. Donā€™t re-use your own order #, as we can tell that itā€™s yours. :wink:

haha ohā€¦ i misunderstood #3
i used my one order# :frowning:

1 Like

You can still get your friend to do #2, and then input his order# into #3. :slight_smile:

mhhh i dont know a friend who neets the VIM3 :frowning:
i think #4 is only possible when i do #3.

maybe anyone here will be my friend so we share order# ???

1 Like

Yes you can do that actually, however each order # can only be shared once, to qualify. :wink:

Oh shit! I have put in my own order :persevere::persevere:

1 Like

Itā€™s okay, you can always do it again with your friendā€™s order. :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: i do the same mistake :slight_smile:
but we can help each otherā€¦

how can i PM someone?

@Urajmal give me your mailā€¦ i will mail you so we can share our order# :slight_smile:

No problem, my email is tadej.b@gmail.com, I make a new order, so you will get the discount. :wink:

2 Likes

did you found someone else? you dont need to make an extra order just for me

No I havenā€™t, friends of mine, are not really interested in this, ā€¦ they are nowhere near this. I will be ok with 20$ off too.

hi i emailed you :slight_smile:

edit:
got itā€¦ and used it :slight_smile: mine order# is on the way

Hey guys I have two-three questions about the Khadas VIM 3.

Maybe @tsangyoujun can give a bit more details on this topic.

The other day there were these two or three locked pictures of additional VIM 3 models that should be released in the future, can you guys explain for what this is? All I can think in my head is a MAX model with more eMMC.

Also it says the following:

*LPDDR4 or LPDDR4X RAM will be selected randomly during manufacturing.

I am a bit confused why it says this, I know there are some randomization in processing from time to time, but doesnā€™t this mean that the boards will actually be different when one ram module type is picked over the another, because as far as I know they are not backward compatible? Also it can make a huge difference if you want to use the model in a portable setting, or something like @NicoD use case.

Lastly, are there any temperature differences numbers available between different use-cases with heatsink and with and without a fan?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi appwizcpl:
LPDDR4 & 4X are full PIN to PIN and software compatible, the difference on VIM3 is the VDDQ voltage:

• LPDDR4: 1.1V
  • LPDDR4X: 0.6V

LPDDR4X with lower power consumption, and we will prefer LPDDR4X when we perform VIM3 manufacturing, but sometimes if 4X not available in stock, we will purchase 4 instead.

Currently, we donā€™t have a plan for Max model for VIM3, but i cannot unveil the further details until the launch events.

@tsangyoujun will post the pressuring testing with the two use case(Heatsink only or Heatsink + Fan) next week.

Have fun!

1 Like

@Gouwa

Thanks for your reply! I will await those results on temperatures, in the meantime can you dwell a bit further on how it compares to N2 cooling for example?

About the other models, I am not understanding correctly though, am I right that there was something on the webpage the other day about other configurations? If so, I believe you cannot order these with the discounted prices that you guys offer right now and details about those will be released on launch day?

1 Like

@eviltrooper and @Urajmal congratulations! You two are the only ones who have completed step #3 so far!

(Maybe my instructions are hard to read, and I have to re-write them)

1 Like

Hi @tsangyoujun,

I was a bit too eager and did step 2 first. You probably will not be able to match my re-tweet for step 1.
Also put my own number into step 3, like a dumb ass. In any case, my mate is mucking about so not sure I will get that one.

As for step 1. It is a new account I created for the purpose, so not sure my re-tweet will reach anyone. If you are ok counting that as completed can I give you my tweeter username so you can match?

Hi Guys,

Weā€™ve updated step 3 to make it easier to understand and track.

How to complete step 3:

1. Complete step 2 first, to get your order #.
  2. Get a friend to also complete step 2, to get his order #.
  3. Input both your order #, and his order # into step 3.

Hereā€™s a helpful graphic, which is also included on the webpage.

The reason why weā€™ve decided to change it back to order # for both you and your friend, is that it is easier for us to track. Some people previously put in email addresses which arenā€™t associated with any person that performed step 2.

If you think youā€™ve made an error with step 3, you can always submit the form again.

Thanks again for your efforts, and good luck!

Reminder: Competition closes on June 24th (VIM3 launch day)

1 Like