Please reference:

[Update]
Basically I resolved my sudo -s issue by
creating a new file: /etc/sudoers.d/01_env_keep
with the following contents:

Defaults env_keep -= “HOME”

and then chmod 440 /etc/sudoers.d/01_env_keep

and then confirming with sudo sudo -V

But the bug in question is still relevant and two other reports confirm as indicated in the original post’s first link.

1 Like

Hello @CyberManifest,

Thanks for your feedback. But I’m not quite clear about this issue. Can you kindly tell me how to reproduce the messages you provided?

khadas@Khadas:~$ sudo -s
[sudo] password for khadas: 
root@Khadas:~# 

Thanks.

Perhaps you have a different device or a different OS than me.
Also it’s obvious you are using a different shell; I was using zsh with oh-my-zsh add on and you are using bash shell.
but I showed the results I got with “sudo -s” in the first post.

What’s the OS you used to test?

It was Ubuntu VIM2_Ubuntu-xfce-bionic_Linux-4.9_arm64_EMMC_V20190319.7z specifically
with all the updates from: sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade && sudo apt full-upgrade && sudo apt dist-upgrade

1 Like

For VIM2_Ubuntu-xfce-bionic_Linux-4.9_arm64_EMMC_V20190319.7z without any update, seems works, I didn’t get any error messages.

khadas@Khadas:~$ uname -a
Linux Khadas 4.9.40 #2 SMP PREEMPT Tue Mar 19 10:19:42 CST 2019 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux
khadas@Khadas:~$ cat /etc/fenix-release 
# PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
BOARD=VIM2
VENDOR=Amlogic
VERSION=0.5
ARCH=arm64
INITRD_ARCH=arm64
INSTALL_TYPE=EMMC
IMAGE_RELEASE_VERSION=V20190319
khadas@Khadas:~$ 
khadas@Khadas:~$ sudo -s
[sudo] password for khadas: 

Then I update the packages: sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade && sudo apt full-upgrade && sudo apt dist-upgrade, and sudo -s still doesn’t have any issue…

Also it’s obvious you are using a different shell; I was using zsh with oh-my-zsh add on and you are using bash shell.

Yes, when I install zsh I can reproduce the issue.

Have you tried this? : Folder permission "Insecure completion-dependent directories detected" · Issue #6835 · ohmyzsh/ohmyzsh · GitHub

1 Like

no, I used my own workaround to resolve my issue while the bug is still present

Yes, it’s walkaround, I have no idea about how to fix it yet.

1 Like