Khadas Tone2 Pro - No volume control in OS X

It is not possible to adjust the volume of the Tone2 Pro via OS X. In OS X audio setttings it says “The selected device has no output controls”.
With the Tone1, Khadas updated the firmware to allow OS X to control the volume. Will this also be possible with the Tone2 Pro?

1 Like

Tone2 Pro use hardware volume control, so you can use volume knob to adjust the volume.

1 Like

The hardware analog volume will deliver better sound performance so our default firmware only with hardware volume enabled.

We will release dedicated firmware with dual volume support in the near future, you can upgrade it to enable the software volume.

Have fun!

5 Likes

Hello, any news on this? I would love this so much!!

Hi @jazzyyk

The latest V1.3 firmware support pre-amp volume enabled for the balanced RCA and you can upgrade it if your device shipped with V1.2 pre-installed.

The HID volume for the OS controlling with conflicting for the XMOS process if we still need to keep the PCM 768 feature(the process do not with enough resources to keep both the two features at the same time), so we still not release the firmware as what we scheduled.

Just checked again with our Audio team, and was told that we can release V1.4 firmware and will with some more features upgrading, regarding the HID volume, I think we will try to fix it or just release a alternative version to downgrade the PCM 768 to PCM 384 and enabling the HID volume for dedicated users.

We will release V1.4 in October 2022.

Have fun!

Hi @jazzyyk
Just a update here that the V1.4 firmware is still under testing process before finally release, and we need one more month for the announcement.

Sorry for the delay!

BTW, the V1.4 firmware changes below:

V1.4 Changes:

• MCU Firmware:
    • Volume adjustment improvement
    • Enable HID Volume support
    • Improve the Knob & Encoder operation experience by improving the jitter elimination algorithm
    • Add BT Magic Module support
    • Improve the auto inputs mode setup
  • XMOS Firmware:
    • Improve the display of LED indicators
    • Fixup the display issue of MFi version
    • Fixup the wakeup issue on iMac
    • Fixup the noise issue of PCM768 format playing on the BT Magic Module
    • Fixup the HID Volume issue on macOS

Sorry again!

Thank you so much for the update, I am so happy you kept us in your thoughts and continue to update us as to the status. It makes me feel like my Tea + Tone 2 purchase was a good idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Jazzyyk,
Tone2 Pro V1.4 firmware have released, please check this.
You can use the hid version which have fixup the volume control problem in OS x, have fun !

1 Like