Khadas Power Up from Header

Hi

We need the silk details for the EDGE V-PRO board an also wanted to know if we want to power up Khadas with external Power (From the Header, not any USBs) how we can do that?

Thanks

Hello, Have you looked for the drawing here?
While the Edge-V can be booted with a GPIO boot trigger event, I do not believe you can use the GPIO to supply main power to the Edge-V.

1 Like

Hi

Thanks for the quick response. Got the silk file.

To power up the EDGE-V we have to use the Type-c Connector correct? There is no provision to give any external power supply., Correct?

Thanks

Yes USB-C, though I have not had much time yet with the Edge-V and have not studied the schematic thoroughly. A brief look at the GPIO pinout does not reveal any power input options. Also the Edge-V Interfaces does not show other power input. It should be noted that of the two USB-C ports on the Edge-V, one is power only.

When the Edge-V is used with the M2X extension board, I think POE can supply power. And when used with the Juice board, it can be powered by LiPo battery.

What type of power supply do you plan on using?

Hi

Actually we are trying to interface our MIPI_DSI panel (Not one which Khadas is giving) with the the board and when we connect it to the board get rebooted every time. We are able to see the back-light of the panel is β€œON” for few seconds and then board get rebooted, so we are suspecting may be Type-C Adapter is not able to give enough Power to the system and we wanted to boot the board using external supply to see if that helps.

Thanks

I am unfamiliar with the specs on the MIPI headers, I would attempt to determine what limitations are on the MIPI headers in regards to current. The schematic may reveal that, however one of the Khadas team members, like @Gouwa can possibly provide the info.

USB- C port defaults to 12 volt for PD power supplies like the Khadas 24 Watt power adapter. That adapter supplies 12 volts at 2 amps. I would think that sufficient, however, I have no idea of the power demands of your display.

1 Like

Thanks for all the comments from @RDFTKV

Hi @Krunal, can you provide more details of the screen you used? as RDFTKV commented above, I think the 24W PSU should work out for any screens less then 10 inch in size.

Good day!