Issue with new m2x extension 4g chip and m.2 ssd

Hello @dofthed

You mean the SSD works when inserted to the M.2 slot directly but not work when attach it to the new M2X?

yes exactaly, i would order a new one but they are not available on amazon anymore in the usa

You can also check here:

okay @numbqq @foxsquirrel so far i have tried all of these using the offical khadas power supply

• samsung evo 970
  • sabrent rocket
  • wd red
  • wd blue
  • two different new m2x extension boards

after all these tests i get the same result of either coming un mounted or an input / output error. im at the point where im realizing that it has to be a problem with the code. got any suggestions?

Once you donā€™t use M2X extention and attach the SSD to M.2 slot directly all works ?

Is this a fresh image without any thing added to it?

Is the 4G board on the board or disconnected?

@numbqq @foxsquirrel so i have tried with and without the 4g chip as well as without the m2x adapter. 3 times have installed from a fresh image. when i try to mount thru the adapter, some times it works fine, sometimes i get this error

mount: /mnt/larry: canā€™t read superblock on /dev/nvme0n1p1.

when i have the ssd attached directly to the computer i am able to mount without an issue

the only possibility is that the adapter is causing a problem with mount. could it be possivle my vim4 is damaged? would it work better if i installed the ubuntu server image?

Not sure, if that would help any.

It might be the board, having a spare is always a good idea. We always get 2 or more when testing stuff just in case issues like what you are experiencing pop up. If both boards are flaky it is a software issue, if one works and the other is flaky its hardware.

Their is a post from Khadas about the length of screws or something to that affect causing problems with the adapter.

i saw that about the screws, maybe it is not meant to be since i have tried 3 adapters and 5+ nvme drives and still get the same problem.

That bitesā€¦

Donā€™t feel too bad, I got a couple of EVM boards from TI and both are dead. They did send a replacement and it will not boot either. I go on their forum site for help and all of them ( actual TI employees) think I am an old fool that is too stupid to burn an SD cardā€¦ One of them, do you have the power switch on, is the power connected. Pretty sure TI does not realize they have a troop of monkeys on their support forum.

Maybe reach out to team Khadas and they might do an exchange, seems like you tried all the right stuff.

1 Like

Hello @dofthed

Our after-sales team will help you about there.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @dofthed

Please note your private message,
We need some information from you so that we can follow up after-sale

1 Like