Issue list : Video, freezing, keyboard

I have a VIM1 PRO (16GB EMMC + WifiAC model) and in this post I would like to share with you all the problems I encountered during the various image installations. I’m happy with my purchase because I like this spirit of open source and the whole community in this forum always ready to dispense advice.

[VIDEO/HDMI output]
Difficult to display because during boot I have to turn off the hdmi monitor (I also tried with the TV) to tune the video signal or else it remains no signal.

[INSTABILITY/FREEZING]
With the emmc installation emmc of ubuntu 4.9 if I run apt-get upgrade from the command line when it comes to the chromium package the computer hangs and reboots itself. tried twice fresh installation.

[KEYBOARD]
With the image DUALOS Adroid + Ubuntu 4.9 while browsing with firefox in sites that contain fields for inserting text (like google translator for example) the _characters typed fast are not written.

[SHUTDOWN/REBOOT]
With the image ubuntu kernel 3.14 in case of power-off or reboot it remains on a line like “waiting for wpa supplicant” and it takes 3 to 5 minutes for it to switch off.

I apologize for my English but I hope to have comments about these issues that I have reported.At the moment I use the image with kernel 3.14 and it is stable and I am satisfied for a 24/7 use.

Thanks, Mattia

3 Likes

What’s the screen monitor? And what’s the resolution?

If you use image V180531 you can try to disable the watchdog.

$ sudo systemctl stop watchdog
$ sudo systemctl disable watchdog
$ sudo reboot

Not sure what cause this. I will look into it.

I will look into it.

Thanks.

1 Like

thanks a lot.
soon I will do other tests and I will keep you updated

1 Like