I painted my VIM3L

Well i painted the case that came with it.

I popped out that little insert on the top cover and painted it a “sea green” then i painted the top and bottom covers black.

I painted them from the inside which since they are clear should help protect the paint from chipping or scratching off. They sell transparent paint for model cars ill have to get a can for the center section so the power LED will sine threw or o can put a sticker where the LED is and then remove it after its painted so the LED shines threw the clear. Took more time to tear it down then it did to pain it lol!

VIM3L paint

7 Likes

Looks slick,
Awesome paint job,
What paint did you use, spray paint or acrylic ?

Yeah just rattle can

You could try Rust-oleum, the stuff is super-extra durable, I put some on my bicycle because of a scuff mark, and it has been 5 years and the paint still looks good

I painted the case to my VIM2 also, did it the same way as the VIM3L but used yellow model paint on the top cover triangle section, then used silver for the pin cover.

Painted the top and bottom covers from the inside black again like before. I dont want to paint the center section i may not see the LED if i do.

Meet the family
Khadas SBComputers

Top left VIM2, Vim3L, Red is Edge-V and purple is VIM3

2 Likes

You have add colorful members to the DIY case family, Nice
That blue one looks enchanting,
:heart_eyes:

the whole family is waiting for vim1
:baby::slightly_smiling_face:

I hope that is not too far off…
:blush:

I see how you love Khadas!
:dove:

and really brings out the “DIY”, in “DIY case”
:wink:

It’s a shame when “Amazon” fails its customers
:frowning:

Why?, what have they done?

did you forget buddy?

Get their tech support, I guess :sweat_smile:

I bought from them and I have no problems mate, shipping is cheaper from them so I had no other choice on a tight budget.

Sorry, I didn’t buy from them, I don’t know, is this an accident or a coincidence?

Probably coincidence, It only happens every now and then, they are rare cases of such problems

yesterday you and I witnessed two vim from “Amazon”

Yeah, extra rare case, but If you send it back for replacement, they will gladly do it for you, Happened to me one with other electronics

I agree with you, because often the users themselves can’t figure it out or can spoil

Yeah, need to be technically educated well, as to figure out by yourself, and make sure not too screw up much :grimacing: