How to use and start WiFi on Vim1 Basic?

I use Android system,burn Khadas official VIM1_Pie_V211022 images on vim1 board.
When system start, I can’t use WiFi,and can’t find any wireless device interface.
How can I start the WiFi function,and load the WiFi module?
Look forward to your help! Thanks !
Vim1 Board

ls mod

ifconfig -a

Maybe you need to unplug the ethernet cable to check Wi-Fi.

unplug the ethernet cable,and reboot , the problem is still unsolved.

Have you enabled the Wi-Fi in system setting menu?

@emily

1. Connect the wifi antenna here.
  2. In the settings, you need to open WiFi and select the corresponding WiFi on the connection(unplug the ethernet cable).

I used it for the first time, I don’t know where to set it, only burn images
can you give detailed guidance, thank you very much!

I used it for the first time, I don’t know where to set it, only burn images
can you give detailed guidance, thank you very much!

Hello @emily

Please check: Settings AppNetwork & internetWi-Fi

How to enter the Settings App on Vim1 board ?

I feel like the WiFi driver isn’t loading,How to confirm that the wifi module is loaded ?

Please connect the HDMI display and mouse, and click the Setting application with the mouse.

The firmware does not open WiFi by default.

Thank you very much! I 'll connetct the HDMI display to setting.
How to compile the image by myself to open WiFi default?
The source code has been downloaded, the compilation has been successful, and the image file has been generated,how to modify source code to open WiFi default?

I just checked the code. WiFi is on by default. You need to connect the HDMI monitor to confirm.

Do I have to connect an HDMI monitor to confirm? Can’t find the defaults.xml in serial mode?

@emily Your mind has been stuck on the Linux system. And the question you ask is the Android system. The two systems are very different. If you don’t connect the monitor. Then you should not use the Android system. Turn to the ubuntu system.

Ok, I am indeed the first time to contact the Android system. I need more advice from you if I have any questions later.Thank you very much!

1 Like