How to share Internet from Android os via Ethernet to an other device like for example ubuntu machine?

Good morning guys i wanna turn on my android TV developed on vim3 as router functionality so How to share my Android Internet connection to my other Ethernet devices

1 Like

Hi, for this you need the “access point” function, this is if you want to distribute the Internet from your vim to other devices, this function works well in smartphones.
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

thanks vladimir for the reply but i am using android tv ATV version not mobile and this option is deleted thats why @Vladimir.v.v

1 Like

Yes, I know, but there are TV boxes that have a similar function, I actually saw such boxes, there are not many of them, of course, you just need to add a similar function, but this is theoretically possible!

1 Like

@Boudour underlying in android this feature exists, you need to create the feature in the settings if you need it. you can take some cue from the Khadas android pie source code to see how it is enabled in the droid settings :slight_smile:

1 Like

On vim, I have not seen such a function, unless I do it myself…

1 Like

there is a setting called hotspot, within the networking settings of the device, you may have not noticed it till now, it already exists.

1 Like

it can be displayed, have you checked it in operation?

1 Like

Yes those are Bases on AOSP They only change the launcher but i am using the ATV this is a screen shot of my build img

2 Likes

I just said that it exist and that it works.

1 Like

I also love ATV, then share your image, I’m interested to see!
:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

p.s @Boudour if you have any other Android related doubts that are not directly linked with khadas dev boards, you can always look to here for some tips
there are plenty of resources online related to android development, notibly XDA developers, its a bustling community, where you are 100% likely to get answers from more experienced people in the business :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Anyway, I always use it exclusively on my phone

i had test it with creating an app use like vpn and enable usb tethering i must install the app in my vim3 atv and in the other machine i am asking about is there an other solution to do like script or something else because honestly i am new at android os development specialy TV version

2 Likes

yeah for sure still have somethings and give you img my idea is to create smart box that use android tv at the same time have router functions

2 Likes

okay i will check that thanks alot elec

2 Likes

I can share an image of ATV, maybe you can take a lot of useful things from there

1 Like

that will be great :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like