Khadas official images
Here is my method to restore an image file (.zst) from a USB stick to the eMMC.
To avoid any problems, make sure you erase any existing OS in the eMMC first. I find that a quick erase works well.
- Boot into OOWOW. Exit the Wizard to get to the main menu.
- Select ‘8 Advanced’ and Okay.
- Select ‘3 eMMC storage’ and Okay.
- Select ‘2 Erase eMMC Fast’ and Okay.
- Select ‘YES’ to erase.
- Select ‘1 Back’ and Okay. (back to Advanced menu)
- Select ‘1 Back’ and Okay. (back to main menu)
- Plug in the USB stick with the image file on it.
- Select ‘2 Write image to eMMC’ and Okay.
- Select ‘1 …/ (two dots and a slash, moves up one directory level)’ and Okay.
- Select ‘1 USB-sda1- …’ (this is the USB stick)
- Select the image file ( .zst backup file) that you want to restore and Okay.
- Verify that the displayed information is correct, then select ‘WRITE’.
The image file will now be written to eMMC memory. When the write finishes, reboot your Vim1S and your restored OS will be loaded.