How to install LibreELEC on VIM3

Libreelec have compile feature for modify kodi like default skin,logos it can compile using a ubuntu terminal for img file likewise how to do it for khadas?

You mean compile on X86_64 for arm64 ? then you can do cross compilation with gcc-aarch64-linux-gnu

If not then, check for compile kodi addon for aarch64/arm64

@Spikerguy ,same too.But ,If you want to use USB driver.The SD card must be out.

Can anyone vim3 not able to play 4k video in libreelec

@prabhu, which format of 4K video do you play ?

Hello Oleg,

Here is a patch you need to fetch to fixup the HDMI display issue with Amlogic latest u-boot when use multi-boot to boot the VIM3 LibreELEC.

Hello Nick.
What is the problem ? I just started a new image LE (20190820) and checked them in VIM3, everything works without problems.

If you use the u-boot from Amlogic latest release 190720, you will get a lightbule screen, the cloor is not correct. The u-boot you use is not the latest one, so it ot OK. But for next Android release will ship with the patches, then the LE will not display correct. I feedback this to Neil days ago, and the patch above is to fix this issue.

The LE for all TV boxes (including all VIM 1 2 3) uses the standard u-boot , which is located in eMMC (u-boot comes with the standard firmware Android).

I know that. But for furture release, the u-boot will cause the display issue

H.265 Format i used whenever i play that video in libreelec.It restarts

Do you mean future releases of Khadas Android firmware (with updated uboot) ?

I flashed lastest android and booted Manjaro. After few min the desktop starts flickering on the lower part of the screen. So is it because of the missing patch for the display?

The flickering become frequent

Yes. it is. The latest release from Amlogic have many fixup. So the Android will update the u-boot.
And the new u-boot will cause the HDMI display issue with mainline kernel.

1 Like

Maybe not. The Android image https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/VIM3/Android/VIM3_Pie_V190809.7z
is not the latest one. We have new image but still under testing.

Problem playing 4k video format h.265 in libreelecā€¦let me know the reason

@prabhu you can refer this

http://linux-meson.com/doku.php#wip

Mainline support is not as good as stable versions, H.256 format will be problematic.

It can able to play in android only libreelec is the problemā€¦

@prabhu Because Android firmware use the stable kernel version . And the LE use the main-line kernel version.

Then there is no other way to play 4k video in kodiā€¦?