How to flash vim3 with android 11

@jasonl Please follow up this.

1 Like

@Boudour when you build aosp android11 code for vim3 &&vim3l ,these is no system.img ,only super.img ,super include vendor and system partition ,you can refer Khadas_VIM3 Ā· Wiki Ā· BayLibre / amlogic / Android TV / aosp / device / amlogic / yukawa Ā· GitLab to build android11 code

2 Likes

thank you @jasonl for the replay but after flashing the android 11 my vim3 is dead so i had to buy another one

@Boudour If you follow the documentation step by step, vim3 can successfully run Android 11. I donā€™t know whatā€™s the difference between you and me

@jasonl well the difference is that i did it by my own following aosp official documentation after downloading this by :

repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b android-11.0.0_r31

and i have got this error the boot cant flash the boot img

after this i had found those command so i changed the u-boot.bin file for android 11 so i can flash the boot.img then fastboot the img the black screen after 2 day i tried to reback to the android PIE so i reflash the uboot.bin of android 9 then the led stops working
for allimentation i used the usb type C linked to my laptop i didnt ry any electronique stuff i thing still a problem of the android 11 software it self i dont know what iis the problem exactly but the thing that i am sure about is that i did everything correctly.

this is my code download path

@jasonl yes you followed this link:
https://source.android.com/setup/build/devices#vim3-compile-userspace

Itā€™s hard bricked? Is that possible? I think we can save the device using krescue in all situationsā€¦

Any one find any solution to create single img and can flash without using fastboot??

unfortunately there isnā€™t any current solution for it, and hence is the reason the official AOSP from khadas is delayedā€¦

I still believe that the reason for the delay is in Amlogic itself :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like
  • flash Uboot:
cd path/to/aosp/device/amlogic/yukawa/bootloader/
./tools/update write u-boot_kvim3_noab.bin 0xfffa0000 0x10000
./tools/update run 0xfffa0000
./tools/update bl2_boot u-boot_kvim3_noab.bin
fastboot oem format
fastboot flash bootloader u-boot_kvim3_noab.bin
fastboot erase bootenv
fastboot reboot bootloader
  • press reset key.

• flash img:

cd out/target/product/yukawa
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash super super.img
fastboot flash cache cache.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo-unsigned.img
fastboot reboot
2 Likes

I got this error,

$ ./tools/update bl2_boot u-boot_kvim3_noab.bin
get cbw failed, want 512, ret -110
[LUSB]ERR(L1172):fail in parse cmd, ret=-1079

@hotteshen You can use u-boot_kvim3l_noab.bin bin to try it, maybe your board is VIM3L,if not,you must check your usb driver.

Thanks.
My board is VIM3 Pro.
I figured it out.
Itā€™s because I entered to the Boot mode using the Power/Reset buttons long-pressing method.
To install a bootloader like the above, need to enter to TST mode, using the Function button.

1 Like

Cool. Iā€™m really interested in changing my vim 3 pro from android 9 pie to android 11 Iā€™m worried Iā€™ll break my board though but Iā€™m happy to read that someone with the same sbc successfully got android 11 on kvim3 pro. Great job. Interested in posting a tutorial video?

1 Like

android 12 is ready every thing is that link Sį»­ dį»„ng bįŗ£ng tham chiįŗæu Ā |Ā  Android Open Source Project and Khadas_VIM3 Ā· Wiki Ā· BayLibre / amlogic / Android TV / aosp / device / amlogic / yukawa Ā· GitLab change the name of the branch to get the version that you want.

1 Like

I guess Iā€™ll have to be patient and wait and wait and wait until finally khadas vim 4 (hopefully with an android build that has a 64 bit instruction set) is released. Itā€™s just incomprehensible that kvim3 has 32 bit android when kvim2 used 64 bit android smh

for now vim3 and vim3L are the only reference board cards supported by google android

How to run this 1st step in windows 10

• flash Uboot: