Khadas official images
I have finally figured out how to back up the eMMC to a USB stick.
Now I can save an exact image of the OS including all my modifications, and can
restore it at my convenience. This was tested
with Ubuntu and Android (CoreElec should also work but wasn’t tested).
- Boot into OOWOW. Exit the Wizard to go to the main menu.
- Plug in a USB stick with 1 partition formatted with FAT32, exFAT, or ext4 file system.
*** Here we have to use “Write image” to set the path to the USB stick. If you go directly to
" Dump image " you will get an error message saying that no storage has been found! ***
- In main menu, select " 2 Write image to eMMC " and Okay.
- Select " 1 …/ " and Okay. (note, two dots and the slash, this shows three dots) (Moves up one level in directory.)
- Select " 1 USB-sda1- …" and Okay. (The path to the USB stick has now been set.)
- Select " Cancel " to return to the menu.
- Select " 3 Dump image from eMMC " and Okay.
- Select " Location ".
- Select " 2 …/ " and Okay. (note, 2 dots and the slash) (Moves up one level in directory.)
- Select " 1 USB-sda1- … " (the USB stick) and Okay.
- Select " 1 ./ " ( note, only one dot before the slash - not two) and Okay. (This selects the current
- Verify that the path is " Path: …/USB-sda1- …" (the USB stick). Select " START ".
The image file will now be saved to the USB stick with a " .zst " extension.