How to add other drivers to aosp?

I have downloaded the android source code for vim3. And i want to make some modifications to the source code to embed some functionality which currently does not exist and also add some drivers like wifi6, second ethernet port and 4G module. But the problem here is that i am not able to understand how the source code is organised when i add adriver, what kind of files could be find where. So if someone could help me understand that it would be really helpful.

am i having the same problem?

1 Like

what is your problem ? maybe i can help you

I have a Sierra EM7455 modem. But I could not install the drivers. I installed the Gobinet and GobiSerial drivers but it didn’t work !.

1 Like

T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=02 Port=02 Cnt=02 Dev#= 4 Spd=480 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 2.10 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=413c ProdID=81b6 Rev=00.06
S: Manufacturer=Sierra Wireless, Incorporated
S: Product=DW5811e Snapdragon™ X7 LTE
S: SerialNumber=LF61545085031013
C: #Ifs= 5 Cfg#= 1 Atr=a0 MxPwr=500mA
I: If#=0x0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff Driver=(none)
I: If#=0xc Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=02(commc) Sub=0e Prot=00 Driver=cdc_mbim
I: If#=0xd Alt= 1 #EPs= 2 Cls=0a(data ) Sub=00 Prot=02 Driver=cdc_mbim
I: If#=0x2 Alt= 0 #EPs= 3 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=(none)
I: If#=0x3 Alt= 0 #EPs= 3 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=(none)

Blockquote

1 Like

@Electr1 can you help us please ?

@Boudour I don’t work much with Android, my knowledge is very limited, but You could try checking the AOSP forums, which are more appropriate for discussing things like this and will have people with a lot more experience on such topic :slight_smile:

this is the source page, please refer to it
https://source.android.com/setup/community

stay safe & good day!

1 Like

thanks @Electr1 i will check

I also tried it on android. But the driver installation in android is more difficult. Linux is easier in this regard, but I still haven’t succeeded.

how did you put it i am trying to add hwawi usb LTE driver but it doesnt work i am working on atv version of the aosp