How many Flops is one Tops?

Well that’s platform support :stuck_out_tongue: Pure SBC cost is 4X

if I may ask what project are you hunting SBCs for…?

I just want to learn CV and make an autonomous vehicle that can recognize environment and avoid obstacle. NX is too big to fit into a small vehicle. And vehicle only needs x2 cameras.

But, later, I would like to run some mathematical simulations, like for differential equations, with Julia programming language. And that would work well with GPUs.

1 Like

Hmm yes the cuda cores present on the NX board will greatly accelerate your processing power greatly, best of luck on your project :slightly_smiling_face:

Remember both these boards are arm64 architecture. Some of you applications may not be available at all…

If it is just for indoor navigation I suggest you go with Jetson Nano/VIM3. Both will struggle with heavy neural nets like YoloV3 and stuff but will handle mobile neural networks just fine (which should be enough for indoor navigation)

As far as running mathematical simulation… CUDA will be of a great help so Jetson Nano will be good choice for this although if you are going with julia it supports open CL too so VIM3 also seems a good choice as it has 2 extra cores and higher clocks. Although I think it will offer very little performance improvement over a desktop CPU.

VIM3 does offer a lot more OS. Incase you want to convert your SBC into a media box/retro game console VIM3 is the best choice. It supports Android, Coreelec, emuelec and much more. Not much support for Jetson nano/NX

As for NX if you have extra cash lying around nx is the best choice :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

@Archangel1235 Thanks for the great advice!

Yeah, as for indoor navigation I want it to do depth of field and edge detection. Can VIM3 do these two?

not quite true, The NVIDIA jetson actually has support for Dolphin emulation :sweat_smile:, so yeah

Only dolphin thats the point also most games doesn’t run at full speed… Android support is pretty good in VIM3 can play most of the games…

For media purpose VIM3 is the best

yes acceptable, anyway those are not Android dev boards they are linux boards

If it were upto me I would use ultrasonic depth sensors… I have no idea as now how to implement it using Images opencv or tensorlow
I havent tried edge detection with VIM3 NPU yet… But I quite sure it should be able to run it at 30 FPS at 1080P, again haven’t tried it yet

Will Google Play Store apps work on VIM3 if one installed Android there?

Yup :slight_smile: You can play most games at 30 FPS

why not? I don’t know about everyone, but in general they work :slightly_smiling_face:

It is possible with openCV. However do note there is only one MIPI-CSI port in the board, you will need another board (you will have to design one) that can combine two camera port input into one…

Also as of now there is less support for MIPI cameras in VIM3

I think Khadas Team will be able to help you here more interms of dual camera support.

In terms of software VIM3 will be on par with jetson nano mostly

probably, some games won’t run because of dependencies like Accelerometer and multitouch (if you dont have the TS050 screen to say ) :neutral_face:

Which board are you talking about? VIM3 or Xavier NX?

VIM3 has a single MIPI-CSI port… If you want t have stereoscopic vision then Jetson Nano/ NX is the best option as it has support for it without any effort from your side…

Are you sure? VIM3 supports dual MIPI-CSI camera ports? Althogh Khadas site shows only one MIPI-CSI port. That’s strange, why Khadas says that dual cameras are supported when there is only one MIPI-CSI port?

Dual Cameras:
4 lane MIPI-CSI, up to 8MP ISP, with 30 Pin 0.5mm Pitch FPC Connector.

It supports dual cameras but since it has only one port you will have to make a custom board that will branch out the single MIPI port to two ports…

Is something like that already available, for example on eBay?

as far as I know it is not available… as the mipi port on khadas board is proprietary