@jugglerchn I install it success.

This my setps

$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt upgrade
$ sudo apt-get install qt5-default qttools5-dev-tools qtcreator

Please run qtcreator.
Thanks

Also cmake-gui will output the same result:
QStandardPaths: wrong ownership on runtime directory /run/user/1000, 1000 instead of 0

Qt: Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed

Segmentation fault

@jugglerchn I try to run it . And it appeared the segmentation fault . I am not sure what cause it. Some people say that there is a problem with the official Ubuntu installation package and they need to download the source code to compile one. Maybe you can try. Or you can choose to wait for us to solve, but it need sometimes, I am not sure specific time . Because of some epidemics, we are full of plans.

OK,Thanks for your work.
Wait for your good news.

It appears to me that nothing Qt-based works on VIM3. I got segmentation fault all the time.
Even simple app like qstardict doesn’t work.

Hello @jugglerchn @Eurus

In order to use qtcreator you need to remove the current GPU packge which is for fbdev not for X11.

After install QT packages on V20191231 image. Please try the following steps to fix QTCreator issues.

khadas@Khadas:~$ sudo apt-get update
khadas@Khadas:~$ sudo apt-get -y remove linux-gpu-mali-fbdev
khadas@Khadas:~$ sudo apt-get -y install --reinstall libegl1-mesa libegl1 libgles2 libgles2-mesa libegl1-mesa-dev libgles2-mesa-dev libglvnd-dev libgles1 libwayland-dev mesa-common-dev
khadas@Khadas:~$ sudo apt-get -y install qt5-default qttools5-dev-tools qtcreator
khadas@Khadas:~$ sync

It works for me with image V20191231.

7 Likes

Thanks a ton!
Finally I got all my needed apps working.
PS: I was on ubuntu V190830.

1 Like

Thanks,This works.
Great Job!

I installed success Qt on VIM3_Ubuntu-gnome-focal_Linux-5.12_arm64_SD-USB_V1.0.5-210430.

$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get -y remove linux-gpu-mali-fbdev
$ sudo apt-get -y install --reinstall libegl1-mesa libegl1 libgles2 libgles2-mesa libegl1-mesa-dev libgles2-mesa-dev libglvnd-dev libgles1 libwayland-dev mesa-common-dev
$ sudo apt-get -y install qt5-default qttools5-dev-tools qtcreator
$ sync

But I can not run QtCreator with some errors.

Qt on embed devices very important, please don’t create anything which can not run Qt.

@Kevin-Nguyen the given steps were for the 4.9 kernel image
NOT 5.x Mainline!

please install the latest 4.9 image, it should work :slightly_smiling_face:

Because I can not use the 4.9 kernel so I use 5.12

VIM3 not boot with the image VIM3_Ubuntu-gnome-focal_Linux-4.9_arm64_SD-USB_V1.0.5-210430.img.xz

Burn the image success.

Remove SD card.

But it can not boot.

Video: https://youtu.be/BZ2u7LU5sV0

seems like a bootloop issue, please inform @numbqq

@Electr1

Back to Qt thread, I install VIM3_Ubuntu-gnome-focal_Linux-4.9_arm64_EMMC_V1.0.2-210207.raw.img.xz

And run

$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get -y install --reinstall libegl1-mesa libegl1 libgles2 libgles2-mesa libegl1-mesa-dev libgles2-mesa-dev libglvnd-dev libgles1 libwayland-dev mesa-common-dev
$ sync

On the 4.9 kernel, but it still errors when I start Qt Creator.

@Kevin-Nguyen will it not run without those plugins ?
I don’t have any deep experience with QT, but just a guess that maybe if you have KDE desktop it will have all necessary QT related plugins and modules ready

Please use the latest image:

http://build.khadas.com:8080/khadas/fenix/images/VIM3_Ubuntu-gnome-focal_Linux-4.9_arm64_EMMC_V1.0.5-210430.img.xz

And install the QT like this:

Things are not so simple.

I use the latest image VIM3_Ubuntu-gnome-focal_Linux-4.9_arm64_EMMC_V1.0.5-210430.raw.img.xz

Case 1: Install Qt5 from VIM3

$ sudo apt-get update
$ sync

Result: Error load plugins

Case 2: Setup cross-compile environment from host PC

Result 1: When I build an application basic with GUI same as buttons, label, text… then the app working.

Result 2: Build an app with wiringpi (use LIBS += -L$$[QT_SYSROOT]/usr/lib -lwiringPi -lpthread -lrt -lm -lcrypt).

Build success, but the app can not run.

khadas@Khadas:~/Desktop/controllerboards$ ./controllerboards
QML debugging is enabled. Only use this in a safe environment.
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
Segmentation fault

Now, I can not do anything with the VIM3 board, it not ready for production.

Please check : https://docs.khadas.com/vim3/QT5Usage.html

QT with eglfs mali gpu support can only works under framebuffer mode.