How can I use an iPad as an output display for my Khadas Edge 2

Which system do you use? Android, Ubuntu, OOWOW or others?

Ubuntu

Which version of system do you use? Khadas official images, self built images, or others?

Khadas Official Image

Please describe your issue below:

I was looking towards to work with my khadas edge 2 on the go with the assistance of my ipad. I’m trying to natively connect my khadas edge 2 to my ipad and use the ipad as a display. I had seen that with a single cable i can use the ipad to power the khadas edge 2 and i was wondering if it were possible to use a single cable to both power the board and use the ipad as a monitor. I had seen that this is possible with other boards such as the raspberry pi. I would like to replicate what has been done in this video https://youtu.be/h-dh2L3X2bs?si=QFBld9dQkFQ6dZIF (1:30-3:30). I tried to follow the guide by changing a few things but i failed miserably.

Hello @Jokul

@jacobe will help you then.

Any updates on the situation?

Hello @Jokul
Now I have login in my Edge2 with VNC, but this way need a screen.

Edge2 connect a HDMI screen, then open settings->sharing, turn on the sharing(default on), and click [Remote Desktop], make sure your choise are likewise the picture.

Then using VNC Viewer, by the way, I used a Android Pad, so my app is RVNC Viewer, maybe a litter different between iPad.
Let the two devices in a local area net, and in the app, input your Edge2 ip, then just enter password. This picture is shot by RVNC Viewer :wink:

About the CLI way to login, I’m still trying… :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Could you share more informations on how to connect the devices through vnc? i cannot find the download version for vnc

First of all, the device and Pad should connect to the same Wi-Fi.

Then use ifconfig to check ip address of device.

Open the VNC on your iPad, click on :heavy_plus_sign: button.

After inputing the ip address, you will see a window to enter your password.
That’s all my did.

i cannot find the download version for vnc

As the last time i said, I used a Android Pad, I just download from google play, the name of my app is RVNC Viewer.