Home Assistant log on

Which system do you use? Android, Ubuntu, OOWOW or others?

OOWOW

Which version of system do you use? Khadas official images, self built images, or others?

Home Assistant

Please describe your issue below:

Sorry a bit of a newbie and trying to install home assistant. I manage to use the image provided by Khadas to install and followed the directions until i have logged on with the standard ‘khadas’ input for login and password. From here i cant seem to access home assistant. I have followed the direction provided;
’ Once completed, you will be able to reach Home Assistant on homeassistant.local:8123. If you are running an older Windows version or have a stricter network configuration, you might need to access Home Assistant at homeassistant:8123 or http://X.X.X.X:8123 (replace X.X.X.X with your ’s IP address).’

But no luck, any advise? Thanks in advance

Post a console log of your issue below:

**Delete this line and post your log here.**

Hi @newuser!

How do you have the VIM1S connected to the internet? By Ethernet or Wi-Fi?

If you run the command:

ip addr show

You should see a list of your network adapters. If using Wi-Fi it should be ‘wlan0’, and if using Ethernet it should be ‘eth0’. Under this, do you see the IP for the device? Eg. 192.168.0.100. Double-check this to make sure you’ve entered the correct IP.

Alternatively, you can use homeassistant.local:8123 in your browser for now (it takes a few minutes after first boot to appear) and this should work for you. If not, I would assume that the VIM1S isn’t connected to the internet correctly. If you’re using Wi-Fi, try connecting by Ethernet if you can to see where the issue may lie.

1 Like

@newuser

Set up Wi-Fi by running:

$ sudo nmcli dev wifi rescan
$ sudo nmcli dev wifi list
$ sudo nmcli dev wifi connect "your network name" password "your network password"
$ ip addr show

Hi, many thanks. I’ve managed to log on to home assistant now. But i cant get access to the supervisor section. Can you advise how to do this please? Thanks

Actually think i managed to sort it now, i just wanted to install HACS and managed to install without having supervisor. Thanks

Great news!

This OS is the supervised version, there is no supervisor section anymore as it’s changed layout a bit recently.

I’d highly recommend https://community.home-assistant.io/ if you ever need any guidance or run into any issues from here on. My PM’s are always open too if you don’t have any luck there :slight_smile: