Help related to understanding extlinux.conf for VIM3PRO

Hi,

I use vim3pro with manjaro arm plasma. Just wanted to know if i can add custom resolution support in wayland session by editing extlinux.conf and adding something like below (bold text):

LABEL Manjaro ARM
KERNEL /Image
FDT /dtbs/amlogic/meson-g12b-a311d-khadas-vim3.dtb
APPEND initrd=/initramfs-linux.img root=PARTUUID=132b2a67-02 rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 quiet splash video=HDMI-1:1366Ă—768@60 plymouth.ignore-serial-consoles

I saw this from a web link for adding custom resolution using grub.cfg however as vim3 is efi based, so not sure how or where to add this command.
I need to add this custom resolution because i use an old TV with vim3 which does not report proper edid and resolutions to display manager and the available resolutions in wayland all look a bit wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Yasir

this option for kernel and have effect for video console stage , but any X systems like Xorg Wayland when start can setup any other resolutions

PS: and same if video console works as efi drivers this option not used

Using video=HDMI params will force initial kernel DRM output to that resolution, but only if the kernel supports that resolution. Once userspace starts it may override with it’s own default (or saved) values. It may or may not work, but it’s simple to test so no harm in trying…

2 Likes

Amazing, thanks a lot it WORKED !!! wayland can see the missing resolution now. I added “video=1368x768@60” to extlinux.conf and it appeared in display settings under xorg as well as wayland sessions.

1 Like