Fingerprint scanner not compatible after Windows 11 reinstallation

Having issues with fingerprint scanner on Mind Dock after reinstalled Windows 11.

The fingerprint scanner seems be installed successfully according to the Device Manager:

However, when I tried to configure fingerprint for Windows Hello, I always got the message: “We Couldn’t Find a Fingerprint Scanner Compatible With Windows Hello Fingerprint”

Could you please help take a look at it? Thank you!

Thank you for purchasing our product.

Based on your feedback, please try reinstalling the fingerprint driver using the installation package provided in the attachment.
After reinstalling, restart the system and try again.

We will continue to follow up on this issue until it is resolved.
6.ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor.rar

Thanks for the response and forwarding the driver. I tried to reinstall with the attached fingerprint driver, unfortunately, the issue seemed not be resolved.
What I did are as below:
1 Uninstall the previous driver

2 Reboot the Mind PC
3 Install the attached driver
4 Reboot the Mind PC, after reboot, I checked the device manager and confirmed the driver had been installed. Then I checked the service list and confirmed the Windows Biometric service had been started
5 I checked the Windows sign-in options again, unfortunately, the issue seemed not be resolved.

P.S. To sign-in Windows with fingerprint is not mandatory for me. I just think that maybe you (Khadas people) are also interesting in this issue because it could be a common issue for other Khadas Mind users after they reinstalled the Windows.

1 Like

If your Mind has correctly installed the fingerprint driver,
please try checking your settings.
Go to Accounts > Sign-in Options page,
and under the Additional Settings section in the dropdown menu,
please confirm if the “Sign in with an external camera or fingerprint reader” option is enabled.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick response, the issue was resolved successfully after the option you mentioned had been enabled. Now I can sign in Windows with my fingerprint.

2 Likes

Glad to hear that.
If you have any question please feel free to ask any time.
Have a nice day.

1 Like