Fails to Power On

@numbqq , it will not power on with the POWER key, nor am I able to restore the OOWOW firmware as suggested by @Electr1 . Please let me know what I should do next.

First things first:
Grab an proper 4k type C cable and not a tiny shit charging cable.
Grab an proper power charger. My best one is the samsung TA845.

This can be the result of a shitty type C cable.

This is the difference of a proper charging cable.

These things matter despite what we might think.

I use this one… however the board blinks a lot when using the android image… some say its my power brick not being adequate others say its the image not being well designed for this board… tbh I dont even use the android image so I dont have any issues with this brick and ive been using this without issue on other boards too.

Ive noticed you were also trying the board on laptop so I guess u are trying to flash an image to it manually using RKDevTools?
Can you please try this ?

Use the RkDevTools 2.96 and do these steps first.
Maskrom Mode - Cable into the type C next to the Edge 2 fan (top side) and usb to the PC - then press 3 times function button with RkDevTools open

Khadas images are here: https://dl.khadas.com/.images/

If none of this worked… and assuming its not your power charger being weak… then I guess… the board might have an issue idk.

Thanks for the feedback. I am using heavy duty cables both for data and PD, the same cables that worked just before the board stopped working. And I use 45W and 65W power bricks. The laptop is a linux box, and further back in this thread, I describe my failed attempts to reflash OOWOW. I too am thinking the board is broken.

1 Like

Yeah someting is not right then… warranty with it… khadas might replace it for you.

In response to the communication via Amazon Messaging. Please let me know how to return the device for repair or replacement.

1 Like

Hello @Andrew_Ernest

Our after-sales team will contact you later.

Hi@Andrew_Ernest

Please check your message,we will follow up your after-sales

1 Like

@lilysun please check my aftersales PM.

1 Like