Extreme cooling help

yes, you are right, do you think I remember everything?
:grin:

Oh, well i better remind you then that you said you would send me your old khadas board free of charge! :grinning:

Iā€™ma need to see some proof for thatā€¦ :wink:

well, iā€™m not that unconscious, buddy :laughing:

@Vladimir.v.v were you organizing a VIMs donation camp I am not aware of ?
:rofl:

Man, I really love these wonderful Khadas boards, but I did not announce such a promotion, this is fake news
:relieved::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::clinking_glasses:

@BowerR64 I am gonna need you to tell me where you got infoā€¦, @Vladimir.v.v says he did not say soā€¦ :male_detective:

Okay I was fiddling around with running YouTube at overclocked settings, watching the temperatures rise to about 50C with the Black Shark. But I donā€™t think YouTube is a good test, since there are too many variables.

Iā€™ve installed the Phoronix-Test-Suite, and am just blown away by the number of possible tests. Anyone want me to run any benchmarks in particular?

2 Likes

Renders, Raytracing, and C/C++ compilingā€¦

theseā€¦ these are the things you should test :smiley:

1 Like

Itā€™s funny, @hyphop saw the phoronix-test-suite, and was like ā€œdamn that is too complex for an ARM sbc, we need something simpleā€. So he wrote a very short script containing MD5SUM and DD, here are the results.

About a 6% increase in performance from standard-clock to over-clocked. :smile:

But okay, I will see if ā€œrenders, raytracing and c/c++ compilingā€ work. Some tests do not function at all.

2 Likes

Hello! as I understand it, here many people wanted to overclock the processor for games, though under Android, try it on Ubuntu, if possible
:point_up::grin:

2 Likes

Oh you mean over-clocking on Android @Vladimir.v.v?

Compiling the C/C++ test suite sure is taking a long while. @Electr1 :smile:

2 Likes

Yes, but itā€™s too early to talk about it, I know! I donā€™t know about Ubuntu, is Ubuntu even played? :man_shrugging:t3::slightly_smiling_face:

That is a lot of programs installation ! :upside_down_face:

Of course mate!, replacing your computers with ARM based mini computers/ SBCā€™s is the hottest thing on the computer market :smiley:

Donā€™t you want a small and fast ARM PC ? :smile:

1 Like

I havenā€™t thought about it yet, buddy :thinking::wink:

Holy hell. Iā€™ll uhh, leave this over the weekend.

what theā€¦ ?
Ok, donā€™t worry I am working on something as wellā€¦
I will test someting locally here :wink:

1 Like

@tsangyoujun I am updating, and getting ready for the overclock :smile:

1 Like

Wow, thatā€™s a Linux Phone!

No cellular connectivityā€¦
so it is technically a tablet
:grin:

1 Like