Extreme cooling help

So i bought one of those other cases all metal with passive cooling and i put VIM1 into that case

Yes i know VIM1?!?!

I scored this with stock case cooling 50K

Then i put Noctua 60mm fan on top just sitting on top with rubber feet with fan and gained 2K score with fan!!!

Metal case passive

Im thinking about getting another heatsink and glue it to this case with a fan on top, that little block of metal inside the case just isnt large enough to transfer heat, it needs to be larger and have fins imo

2 Likes

@BowerR64 this what I wanted to see, This is the XTREME COOLING I wanted to see !!!

So I believe the Family has been reunited :grin:

lol, yeah i think i used the wrong word when i made the post

Extremely lame :neutral_face:

I screwed up my VIM1 already, i wanted more so i tried a differnt firmware then stock and now the best i can get is 44k, i went from 50-52 to 42-44k

And why is that buddy ?
You did kickstart the advanced cooling revolutionā€¦
:wink:

If you ask khadas they can say which factory firmware they usedā€¦

for vim1 it is quite normalšŸ™‚

@Vladimir.v.v how is it normal ?
It is a drop in performanceā€¦

how much should it be?

Khadas.docs all firmware seems to be there

as Bower64 said, an expected 50K

probably a big difference
:slightly_smiling_face:

@Electr1 check this out, $98 per heat-sink. Intel passive cooling.

They probably needed an automated wire-bender to get it to that price. I believe final assembly still required hand-working. If they invested money to build an automated system for it, it would cost a fortune.

Another approach, besides using a 3d printerā€¦is to see what industrial processes/pre-fab parts are already available in the marketā€¦and use those processes/parts instead. It still wonā€™t be ultra-cheap, but wonā€™t be ultra-expensive either.

This thermal take heat-sink uses laser-cut metal sheets (thatā€™s cheap), assembled with vertical heat-pipes (probably custom, and expensive). Cost: $60 (still not that great though).

2 Likes

It looks like those Fancy handmade copper vase thingys, are you sure it is a CPU cooler ? :sweat_smile:

It is expensive just because of the sheer number of heatpipes used,
It looks like a decor item, more than a cooler :smile:

1 Like

Expensive because the assembly and manufacture process is slow and difficult. Manufacturing cost goes by time used, inconvenience caused, raw material, machines occupied, jigs and fixtures, etc.

1 Like

I understand that, but I really want something good and affordable, that can get some really good thermal performance, like this small one for RPiā€™s

The problem with this one is that is is a bit bigger and bulkier and does not suit with the VIMs mounting holesā€¦

1 Like

This Is why I want something sleek and nice like the VIMs heatsink, but it comes at a cost of little lower thermal performanceā€¦

Iā€™m afraid vim will not stand it under the load oh
:grinning:

it looks like students donā€™t work in India
:smile:

poor VIM will get crushed under such heavy weight, no thanks, I will stick to what is lighter and better
:joy:

why do you say that ?, we donā€™t do physical work, but we do all kinds of mini projects and research in hopes that we will get recognizedā€¦ :grin: