Extreme cooling help

voltage control will be done in dtb…

anyway there is not much room in increasing volatge default one was using 1.03V iirc and max the VRM can do was 1.04V

Now VIM3 can reclaim the title of fastest ARM SBC in the market…

1 Like

Heck yea, take the N2+ stick the back into the dirt with its brother…
Let’s see how fast this baby goes… :crazy_face:

@numbqq IS it possible to tell us what change was done…? I am really keen to know…
I understand there is a change in kernel but just what to know what it is

1 Like

Yeah, me too, I want to know where changes were made for overclocking to be possible…
We were on this topic for almost half a year now and had no answer, and now it comes out of plain thin air :smiley:

I have already started the testing to see how fast it goes, time to stick it to the max :metal:

Ok,
I ran mine and tested sys-bench with stock clock and over clock:
Firmware: VIM3_Ubuntu-gnome-focal_Linux-4.9_arm64_EMMC_V0.9.2-20200719

Stock clock: (2.2GHz and 1.8GHz)

Overclock: (2.4GHz and 2.3GHz)

From the results above, the performance increase is: 15.6% (overall)

The device was stable as well, there weren’t any problems at all…

Need to see how well the device does with higher clocks…
@Numbqq will it have the ability to go any higher ? Is the firware unlock or is 2.4GHz the max for now… ?

I got my Khads passive sinks today (i ordered 2)

DId anyone else get theirs yet?

new design radiators ?

I am the lucky owner of one!
:hugs::+1:

We will update the source code later, we still need more testing.

When I try to setup higher clock the system crashed… Maybe it is the maximum or should be lower, still need more testing.

2 Likes

well it is good to know it was capable of achieving such high clock speeds, Now the VIM3 can take the position of Fastest ARM sbc in the market !!!,

we also have another victory…
we have the highest clock speed achieved by a Cortex A-53 core (2.3 GHz)

Now I am waiting for @Terry to give the thumbs up for Android Overclock… :grin:

1 Like

Thanks… also is it possible to overclock the gpu too maybe to 850 Mhz from 700 or 750 in current firmware

It says in the A311D spec sheet it goes only up to 800MHz, but even the spec says the CPU is stuck at 2.2GHz so I guess there isn’t any harm in trying to going higher…

BTW, have you tested it on your device, are you getting comparable results ?

Got an M2 stand off kit off Amazon

Go a head and laugh! :smiley:

1 Like

why laugh?, It looks beautiful mate :heart_eyes:

My only concern is that the fan is squished under that top cover, Is it having the necessary area open on top so air to get sucked in ?

it probably has a reverse acting fan
:slightly_smiling_face:

That fan must be from noctua as they use that color for their products.

Super quiet is it?

whatever it may be, Axial fans need a lot of clearance for the Intake and exhaust, this is because of low pressure and High airflow they produce, You could understand that’s why in my setup the fan top is left open…

Otherwise it causes stress on the Fan motor and the result is no proper airflow and a strange but scary squeal coming from it which means your expensive sound-proof cooling fan has gone rogue :hear_no_evil: