Experience HDMI IN under Ubuntu 22.04

OK. Is it possible to modify the hdmiin-demo to allow the video frames from the HDMI input port to be captured and I can pass then to gst-rtsp-server for it to be encoded and streamed via RTSP?

Hello @adrianpang

We are working on this feature.

Hi there, looking into VIM4 to stream video from drones using the HDMI input and then send the video stream using rtmp/udp/rtsp or some other protocol to another computer. What is the current status of this? Thanks.

Hello @numbqq

Just wondering about your progress with the HDMI input. Can I use it with Gstreamer? I would like to command Gstreamer to encode the HDMI input stream into h.264 or h.265 from there I know what to do to stream via UDP.
please let me know. Thanks!

I’d love to use hdmi in → gpu processing (e.g. scaling/cropping based on frame content, and possibly color/gamma adjustments; osd elements) → Hdmi out.

What the architecture of the demo and do you think it could be tailored for this use case.

I’ve been trying to understand how hdmi in is resent to hdmi out in the code, but stilling going through it.

Hello Khadas team, any update on that driver for the HDMI input?
It would be awesome to use the framebuffer with FFMPEG, VLC, Gstreamer, etc. and redirect it to output and develop lots of fancy solutions :slight_smile:

Hello @ViR4X

We are working on new 5.15 kernel now and will support HDMI IN frames capture with gstreamer.

2 Likes

That would be awesome. We are working on it right now based on VIM4 and missing exactly this part.

Hi @numbqq , is there any timeline known for the release of this?

Thanks a lot.

Hello @mvandervoort

The release version will be in Q3, but testing version will be earlier.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot. We would be happy to evaluate / testing an early release.

Hello Khadas Team,

Just wondering if you guys finished up the HDMI IN with Gstreamer! I have a need for that and if we can make it work, we can implement an AI solution using VIM4 that will help increase the sales volume I am sure!

Please let me kwon the status.

Thanks,

Hi @gilmotta please check out the latest 5.15 development. we have implemented HDMI-IN with GStreamer:

https://docs.khadas.com/products/sbc/vim4/applications/hdmi-input-5.15

It’s still in development, final release will be available soon.

Regards.

@Electr1 Thank you for updating me on the HDMI IN with Gstreamer. Can I update my current board with sudo apt-get upgrade or do I need to install a new image?

please let me know, thank you!

@gilmotta Currently the images cannot be updated as such, you will need to migrate to the new image by reinstalling.

Ok I will reinstall the new image as soon as possible.