Experience HDMI IN under Ubuntu 22.04

Got 58ms latency 2160p60, including TV lag in game mode. Greate !
Can’t wait to play with the source code

Yep, source code for hdmirx driver + hdmiin-demo app would be nice as soon as possible.

OK, I think I’ve found the driver for hdmirx: linux/drivers/amlogic/media/vin/tvin/hdmirx at khadas-vim4-r-64bit · khadas/linux · GitHub
Some one correct me if I’m wrong.

Any schedule for releasing the source code for “hdmiin-demo” (stable)?
If not, is it possible to get the source code as is right now?

Hello @bkirks

I will publish the source code next week, will update here.

Thanks.

1 Like

:+1: sounds great, looking forward to get it.

Hello @bkirks

You can check the source code here:

Follow the README to build.

1 Like

Thanks a lot @numbqq

Hi @numbqq ,

We want to get the HDMI IN data and encode it into H.264 format and then send it out. We are trying to combine the above example with the H.264 encoder example to achieve this. Do you think it is doable?

2 Likes

has there been any update on this? is HDMI input detected in ubuntu now?

@numbqq how about the HDMI in sound capture , is it gonna be supported ?

@kin_0201 Any luck? I want to do something similar.

We intend to connect a camera to the HDMI input port of the VIM4 and encode it for stream via gstreamer. Is it possible to have the HDMI input exposed as a v4l2 video device? I see /dev/video70 and /dev/video71 but from v4l2-ctl —list-devices show they are not v4l2 video devices.

It is not supported for current driver.

OK. Is it possible to modify the hdmiin-demo to allow the video frames from the HDMI input port to be captured and I can pass then to gst-rtsp-server for it to be encoded and streamed via RTSP?

Hello @adrianpang

We are working on this feature.

Hi there, looking into VIM4 to stream video from drones using the HDMI input and then send the video stream using rtmp/udp/rtsp or some other protocol to another computer. What is the current status of this? Thanks.

Hello @numbqq

Just wondering about your progress with the HDMI input. Can I use it with Gstreamer? I would like to command Gstreamer to encode the HDMI input stream into h.264 or h.265 from there I know what to do to stream via UDP.
please let me know. Thanks!

I’d love to use hdmi in → gpu processing (e.g. scaling/cropping based on frame content, and possibly color/gamma adjustments; osd elements) → Hdmi out.

What the architecture of the demo and do you think it could be tailored for this use case.

I’ve been trying to understand how hdmi in is resent to hdmi out in the code, but stilling going through it.

Hello Khadas team, any update on that driver for the HDMI input?
It would be awesome to use the framebuffer with FFMPEG, VLC, Gstreamer, etc. and redirect it to output and develop lots of fancy solutions :slight_smile: