Ess hump solution?

Hi Kean & tongkiat:
The hump issue need to be fixed on new revision KTB due to hardware changing is required.

Will keep updating here.

Good day!

Thank you for keep working on this issue. I think I will buy one new version or may wait for the balanced version. Good job!

The issue won’t be fixed in the new batch of tone boards, right?
I’m about to buy one and I don’t know if I should just go ahead or wait for new revision, can you give me more info about that?
Thank you!

Yep, the new batch Tone Board is still same with previous batch :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s already a planned date for the new model?

Anyway I really like this project and the love that you put in it! This is what made me choose khadas over other dacs :slight_smile:

1 Like

Should be another 3 months or so, as we plan to launch together with the case designed for the Tone Board.

Good day!

2 Likes

Looking forward to the version.

This will be release together with the Balance out ?

Thank you Gouwa for your kind reply, 3 months is not too much so I guess I could happily wait and buy the new version, I will be more than happy to support your project if you do crowd funding or preorder!

Yep, but with a “Magic” way :rofl:

1 Like

Yep, planning

thanks for support!

Looking forward to the coming release.

Hoping it come out tomorrow :slight_smile:

Great , I wills ell my present Khadas board and want for the new one. Is THD+N same in new board ? Price I assume its the same ?

I would suggest khadas to double the price of the TB v2 because the competition is priced probably at a much higher price tag than the current TB v1 with the hump ! Me, i’m very happy with TB v1 as it is now

1 Like

i think distributors are salemen and not engineers, something seems wrong this argument; the real question is who does really benefit from saying “this hump is so bad that I can hear it”

1 Like

I share @ravelo’s feelings. Though you could probably call me biased because it says “Khadas Staff” next to my name - I really can’t hear this hump! :smiley: :joy:

Thats not the point, Its hard to say if you can hear the hupo or not, but TB has great THD+N numbers for the price. Its nice to see that issues its solved.

1 Like

I do not think doubling the price, just because some other distributors are ripping people off, would be a good idea.

Just got my TB generic version. I am also very happy with it. I plan on getting VIM3 and TB with fixed hump. If TB price goes double, I won’t be.

There are plenty similar comments over at audiosciencereview, for example

2 Likes

Yes, keep the price very competive…it will carry your company to a high level if you give great price/performance on the balanced DAC and hopefully you can fix this so-called ‘hump’ on the current DAC…also “thd compensation registers” as @peterq mentioned

1 Like

Dear Khadas team,

is the currently available Tone Board free of the ESS hump issue?

Thank you!

my suggestion to khadas marketing team:
prepare 2 software versions:
one with the hump and another one without,
sell the TB w/ hump at normal price of today;
propose those wanting the hump fix a software upgrade for ; let’s says 50USD,
we’ll see who will buy it (and of course make it impossible for a buyer of the upgrade to install on a different board!)

2 Likes