Encrypt Android Pie

I will enter this code in U-Boot with the serial adapter?

no, this is a patch to the android code, you need to modify and rebuild I guess

:worried:
This is so over my head! I would not know where to start, not talking about where to edit this code…

Just to make sure I understand, the current Android which can be downloaded is the ATV version and there is no “normal” version available?

that is the normal version, the ATV versions are made by superceleron, and links to it can be found by a simple search
eg:

and to start, It would basically consist of setting up an android build environment, getting the repo synced, modifying the file and starting the build compilation…

that is the normal version, the ATV versions are made by superceleron, and links to it can be found by a simple search

Yes I know, just wanted to clerify becouse @Terry wrote that the TvSettings are used. I do need the normal version.

and to start, It would basically consist of setting up an android build environment, getting the repo synced, modifying the file and starting the build compilation…

This is knowlege I, unfortenalty, don’t have. But seems like I will need month to get there…

you can already build AOSP roms, people in the community have already done it :slightly_smiling_face:

I want to clarify, in fact, this is the same thing in this case, just ATV has a different shell, for example, as on Smart TV and similar set-top boxes such as Nvidia shield but with certification.

Thx for your trust in me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can download the test rom
Have a try, thanks!

3 Likes

Is this android AOSP ?

Awesome @Terry!

Successfully flashed and started into android. Found the encryption in Settings/security & location/Encryption & credentials/Encrypt phone.

But battery is set to 42% and a warning message stats “Charge your battery and try again”
Obviously I don’t have a battery connected.

As well the Google Play Services and Play Store are missing, not sure if I can just install the apk to properly use it? We would need this to later push updates remotly in connection with the Google device policy app.

Best would be to have this in your “normal” rom including all the other settings for LED, rotate screen etc. but thats maybe pushing it :slight_smile:

1 Like

1 Like

I guess the new release does not include the encryption option already? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, we only add TvSettings application into our release ROM. Maybe you can build your rom with Settings application.

@Terry Can you add “encrypt” in the TvSettings?
Such a perfect device and ROM for our usecase, “just” this element is missing.

I found this on the android page regarding File based encryption for android 9. If anybody can guide me or tell me where to start, I’m happy to give it a try!

Hi together, I’m also looking for a ROM with encryption. Is there any update?

@MikesCo @MattNag We don’t add Settings application into our release ROM. Maybe you need to build the ROM by yourself. Thanks!

Thats very unfortunate! As we seen in the Test ROM you provided it works perfectly with VIM3. It seems as such a small but important feature to be made available in the official ROM but likely I just don’t know enough about all the implications :blush:

I tried build a ROM myself over the last 2 weeks but failed. My know-how of programming is just not good enough yet. As well, it would prevent the updates from official future releases. Maybe you can reconsider looking into it. Otherwise I will just wait for Android 11 release and go from there. According to source.android.com file-based encryption is required. Therefore the problem might solve itself with the official Android 11 release from Khadas.

@Terry what’s the reason to not add the Settings app?