Edge2 Generic Image for external SSD install not linked in Khadas dl directory

Which system do you use? Android, Ubuntu, OOWOW or others?

Ubuntu 22 or Ubuntu 20, whichever one will install correctly

Which version of system do you use? Khadas official images, self built images, or others?

Wondering if the Ubuntu Generic can be downloaded directly from Ubuntu website or must we use an image supplied by Khadas for the generic image in order to install and boot from SSD

Please describe your issue below:

The following official khadas URL for the generic ubuntu image is empty and does not link to an ubuntu generic image

The docs describe to use a generic image to install to SSD as described here

https://docs.khadas.com/products/sbc/edge2/install-os/install-os-into-external-storage

Please include the appropriate link to download the generic ubuntu image on the official ubuntu website to install to external SSD for the Edge2, or include the image in the download section of the Khadas directory for ubuntu generic, as linked above

@numbqq, @Frank

i think its will be soon

at this moment

and we can write next ubuntu images from dl.khadas.com - Index of /.images/edge2/
its same generic images

PS: next OOWOW [Khadas Docs] version will support online installation into external storages like NVME / USB / … (at this moment eMMC only )

2 Likes

@hyphop thanks for sharing the /.images/edge2/ directory that includes the images for writing to external SSD for the Edge2

also, that’s great that OOWOW will eventually support installing to external storage

@hyphop Do you know if it is possible to use the Ubuntu 22.04 image directly from ubuntu to install to external SSD? Here is the ubuntu server iso file I am referring to

https://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/22.04/release/ubuntu-22.04.1-live-server-arm64.iso

Or does it need to be an img file?

not possible without additional preparations , because linux kernel which currently used in official ubuntu images not ready

1 Like

Ok, thank you for the information. I will use the image from the link you shared from the /.images/edge2/