Currently looking for an SBC for a small project: mobile battery-powered navigation device (Android). Will mostly be running OsmAnd/OruxMaps on AOSP.
Considering VIM3 and Edge-V max.
Before I order, I have a few questions:
- Low power mode/sleep/suspend to ram is required for the project. Do both models support this? I think so but need to be sure about this. RaspberryPI etc do not support this at all.
- Encryption is not mandatory but highly desired. Is it possible to encrypt userdata (/data) and have the android dialog come up while booting to ask for passphrase?
- Camera module is desired as well, do these work in Android?
- GPS is of course required. I have a few UART gps modules laying around, will those work or are there better options out there?
- Looking to use external storage (so no EMMC). Will Android 10 work with this or would I need to compile it myself to make this work?
- LTE support would be nice to have, I noticed the module is missing GPS support, but does the LTE module work out of the box with Android 10?
- Since i do not need an NPU, leaning towards the Edge-V max. Any reasons to go for VIM3 instead? Best compatibility with AOSP is the biggest point for me I guess
Lots of questions, hope thats okay… Thanks a lot in advance!