Edge 2 Docking station

Which system do you use? Android, Ubuntu, OOWOW or others?

Ubuntu

Which version of system do you use? Khadas official images, self built images, or others?

Official desktop image

Please describe your issue below:

Ive managed to connect the edge 2 pro to the docking station by usb-c… but is there some step necessary to just connect via the pogo pins? Sending audio to the DAC and out the audio port through usb-c connetion… adds some serious delay. Im using pipewire on top of pulseaudio and ALSA… by the way. Playback and capture through VLC.

Post a console log of your issue below:

**Delete this line and post your log here.**

@Leucitic
Can you take a picture and show me how you use it?

Ill do a couple angles of how I have it attached at the moment…

Running a general usb hub for mouse/keyboard, usb-c power… hdmi out… usb-c to usb-c on the edge 2 pro’s secondary usb-c port… DAC set to input for audio alongside a hdmi capture card in the usb 3 slot for reading video input… had to wait on the docking port for another audio option since ubuntu seems to have a major issue reading audio from the hdmi input via usb capture card… so splitting the sources and capturing seperately now… albeit with a lot of delay/lag via the usb-c tethering of the docking station to the edge 2 pro. There has to be a way to connect the two exclusively to eachother via the pogo pin connection…

Love the Edge 2 Pro enough to have been firmly convinced to order like 5 more soon… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: ill run them in a stack… at that point… internal resources will be of little concern… and all the more ports to delegate tasks to… :partying_face::star_struck:

1 Like

I am also mid project fabricating a state of the art air conditioned/cryo cooled suit… Im a hyperborean albino living in the hotest valley of California… :roll_eyes: I belong in a freezer. So… time dedicated to projects has been refocused on completing that suit before summer arrives… I already begin sweating at 10* C. However… a Khadas Edge 2 Pro WILL be installed as my microcontroller within the suit… :wink::grin: thank you for that.

@Leucitic

1.Please run the following command.We’ll be releasing new firmware soon that will automatically power and enable the Station.
2.USB-C on the station is just a serial port .

$ echo 105 | sudo tee  /sys/class/gpio/export
$ echo out | sudo tee /sys/class/gpio/gpio105/direction
$ echo 1 | sudo tee  /sys/class/gpio/gpio105/value

So cool !!!