Duplicate MAC Addresses and Serial Numbers

How exactly do I do that? :confused:

no solution for ubuntu?

setenv ethaddr “00:15:18:01:81:32”

comand setenv not found…

can you develop this idea how should I do it? because you have not described anything because the pussy has to edit something somewhere.

bump! anyone know?..

Can you paste full printing log for us? Just worried you ran the command on Linux, it should be on U-Boot.

Have fun!

What ja u bot… i have a debian.

I meant U-Boot, the booloader of any Linux Distro(Ubuntu, Debain…)

So you ran the command on Linux, right? Should be on U-Boot :wink:

Hello Emill,

What image you use? If you use linux image provided by us or Armbian by balbes150, you can try the following commad on linux command line:

$ sudo fw_setenv ethaddr “00:15:18:01:81:32”

Thanks.

VIM1_Ubuntu-xenial_Linux-3.14_mate_arm64_EMMC_2018-05-31.7z 2018-07-12 02:34 686M

i have fresh ubuntu, errors:

not working

anyone? bump…

Can you have a try on this, note to run on U-Boot:

how run u-boot?..

It’s common methed, check follow docs for the details:

I’m learning, so you have to explain how for a fool … I’ll check it out when I ask something. Thanks.

$sudo apt-get install openbsd-inetd tftpd tftp
OK
tftp (tab) dgram (tab) udp (tab) wait (tab) root (tab) /usr/sbin/tcpd (tab) /usr/sbin/in.tftpd -s /srv/tftp
write, SAVE OK

$sudo mkdir /srv/tftp
$ sudo chown -R gouwa /srv/tftp
OK

$sudo /etc/init.d/xinetd restart
command not found

$/etc/init.d/xinetd restart
no such file or directory

this guide is incorrectly written

$apt-get install xinetd
$/etc/init.d/xinetd restart
OK

$sudo setenv ethaddr “00:15:18:01:81:32”
command not found

not working

You still working on Linux/Ubuntu, not U-Boot :joy:

what did I write above? I have ubuntu… and you write uboot uboot and uboot all the time …

I do not have the strength to do it anymore, you do not help … I return to raspberry pi, there are no problems, I only wish I have 20 khadas bought, but I will refund

Nobody can help you out if you don’t want to give a try.

Actually, Ubuntu also include a U-Boot as bootloader, please follow the instructions I told you to take a try and update us if further questions.

Good luck!

i try all the time, bot WHAT IS U BOOT system? how use uboot on ubuntu if is not system… no body told me here

tell me HOW change mac address on <<<<<<<<<<< UBUNTU >>>>>>>>>>> not UBOOT, i have UBUNTU. u see now what system i have?

setenv ethaddr “00:15:18:01:81:32”

COMMAND NOT FOUND

read my all posts again i try all the tiem

You’ve been given 3 working options - they all work with an Ubuntu based board - ive used them all!

1. in the file /etc/network/interfaces add a line hwaddress ether XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX where XX is your MAC address. Reboot to get it to pick up the MAC
  2. sudo fw_setenv ethaddr “00:15:18:01:81:32” that sets uboot variables from the ubuntu command line
  3. go into uboot - @Gouwa gave you the links, just need to follow them - get a serial to usb adaptor connected as per https://docs.khadas.com/vim1/SetupSerialTool.html then from a serial console on your pc press space whilst the board is booting at you will halt boot at the u-boot prompt then you can use the command - setenv ethaddr “00:15:18:01:81:32”

If you dont know what something is then you can just google it - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Das_U-Boot

2 Likes