Driver or FW need to be fix

hi Akbaar, there is no default MS driver for this, that’s why they paid Thesycon for one, but the bundled one (version 224) lacks direct dsd support, yet there is newer version 4.11 which does it all, but makes noises every now and then as it’s not licenced.
Perhaps no one would pay again for the new driver to be used on old board but as they already paid for initial one, maybe Thesycon could offer that upgrade at reasonable conditions…:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m using @ParasKPatel 's driver, it works fine.

you mean that XMOS driver? it doesn’t pass DSD at all :confused:

1 Like

doesn’t pass dsd? I see dsd:asio option in foobar2000 after installed it, and can play dsd file by foobar.

https://www.thesycon.de/eng/usb_audiodriver.shtml#demo

version 4.82

The Evaluation-Version of the driver customized for your product is available for download at:
https://portal.thesycon.de/dl/download.php?file=Khadas_UsbAudio_v4.82.0_eval_2020-06-29_setup.exe&uid=f80d8d8b319823cc9c757847617f1cea

Khadas_UsbAudio_v4.82.0_eval_2020-06-29_setup

This link is valid until July 6, 2020.

@tsangyoujun @Terry would you please look at this driver, its very optimal and works 384kbps
only need registration by your firm… please this is important …

Note: For the final version you have to use a unique USB VID/PID. For more information, you can check our website: https://www.thesycon.de/eng/faq.shtml

The manual, history and debug version is available for download at:
https://portal.thesycon.de/dl/download.php?file=Khadas_UsbAudio_v4.82.0_eval_DSK_2020-06-29.exe&uid=dac6138a38c243fa93eb2a93d79b35f3
This link is valid until July 6, 2020.

Don’t hesitate to contact me, if you have any questions.

Kind regards

4 Likes

this would be way cool!
it’s not a coincidence thesycon was developing the driver further - there was stuff to do!

@suwey it can be that foobar’s dsd asio plugin manages to shove dsd data over pcm packets. i checked the documentation and there is a lot of stuff foobar’s dsd / sacd plugins can do. however, we seem to be after ‘vanilla’ dsd pipeline without pcm encapsulation… and thesycon made it available with the newer-than-official drivers for the Toneboard.

2 Likes

would you explain this to me, because am not understanding what he means,

because the ASIO is not active

hi @AKBAAR!
By “DAW” Ute means “program utilising asio driver”.
i’ve tested this driver out and it doesn’t work with BugHead player! Although the asio device name scan goes through and it shows all samplerates including dsd up to 22M from this driver, on an attempt to start the player it gives ASIO INIT ERROR - The driver could not be initialized. So you may tell Ute that BugHead player doesn’t like this version.
Also I have checked it with WaveLab 6 in ASIO (pcm) mode and it’s working fine.
The best driver seems to be XMOS_TUSBAudio_eval_v4.11.0 so far :slight_smile:

… and now i’m back to official Thesycon-Stereo-USB-Audio-Driver-v224… it announces all the dsd support too, and does not give an error in BugHead on driver opening, yet the tracks can’t be played (unsupported rate it says)… maybe Ute can look into it, why both 224 and 4.82 have issues while 4.11 is OK.

1 Like

same here, when i play spotify music on 384khz is says unsupported
or if i try to play movies on the same signal sound dont work.

Honestly if i knew the driver support would be that bad for this product i probably wouldn’t have chosen it… To late now though so all i can hope is that they do register the new drivers and we can get good audio.

i’d say the newest eval driver is no better than an official old one, it’s just 4.11 that seems to be the one to behave flawlessly :slight_smile:
maybe @AKBAAR could persuade Ute / thesycon to release a non-demo 4.11 for us hehe.

4 Likes

haha will try he seems to be helplful haha ill sell my soul to him soon

5 Likes

No luck trying to convince anyone?

no luck, also am still trying to get ASIO to run,
and another thing I cant get spotify premium to run on 384khz on khadas tone

But when downed to 192khz it would play…
what do you think the problem?
i even cant play movies on 384khz.

1 Like

On the older driver it was capped at 192khz so perhaps the firmware doesnt actually support it given it was meant for that driver.

2 Likes

still cant run spotify on 384kbps though

but got ASIO to run