I have been trying to use Devuan on my Khadas VIM3. So far, I am still having difficulties to align the boot loader with linux kernel that I am using.
The steps that I took are the following:
- Dump the image from https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/VIM3/Debian/ to an SD Card
- Create ROOTFS of Devuan Beowulf using Debootstrap on my Devuan Desktop
- Delete all files and directories on the ROOTFS of SD Card on step 1
- Copy all files and directories of Devuan Beowulf ROOTFS created on step 2, into the ROOTFS partition of the SD card
- Insert SD card into Khadas VIM3 and boot it up
- Compile linux-5.9.0-rc2 kernel on Khadas VIM3 (source: linux-5.9-rc2 on https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/)
- Rename the following files into *-Original:
- Install linux-image-5.9.0-rc2-1_arm64.deb (built at step 6)
- Build uInitrd using the following command
mkimage -A arm64 -O linux -T ramdisk -C gzip -n uInitrd -d /boot/initrd.img-5.9.0-rc2 /boot/uInitrd
- Boot Khadas VIM3
I have no idea how to build the zImage. The target zImage is not available anymore on the Makefile of the kernel source so I cannot build it using command make zImage.
So as expected, I got the following error:
root@khadas-vim3:~# dmesg | head -5
[ 0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0000000000 [0x410fd034]
[ 0.000000] Linux version 5.9.0-rc2 (master@universe) (aarch64-none-linux-gnu-gcc (GNU Toolchain for the A-profile Architecture 9.2-2019.12 (arm-9.10)) 9.2.1 20191025, GNU ld (GNU Toolchain for the A-profile Architecture 9.2-2019.12 (arm-9.10)) 22.214.171.12491209) #0.9.3 SMP Thu Aug 27 17:22:08 CST 2020
[ 0.000000] Machine model: Khadas VIM3
[ 0.000000] [Firmware Bug]: Kernel image misaligned at boot, please fix your bootloader! <------------ Of course!
[ 0.000000] Reserved memory: created CMA memory pool at 0x00000000bd800000, size 768 MiB
Does anybody know how to build the zImage?
Thanks a lot in advance for your help.