Device tree for mainline linux which enables use of MIPI-DSI and edp?

Hello, is there an example dts which enables the lcd for mainline linux 5.x?

The device tree for 4.x and Android is very different from Linux 5.x. I would like to get the touchscreen lcd working with linux. I have both the khadas MIPI-DSI screen and another, edp screen I can test with.

I understand the basics of the device tree, but not enough. I know I need a panel entry in addition to enable NG MIPI-DSI anc edp. I see there is no edp entry at all in the mainline dts.

Any clues would be appreciated

I see the dsi for the touch screen here, but I somehow doubt that it will play nicely with the dts from mainline.

By contrast, the pine book pro only has this to turn on the edp panel. I’m still studying the rest…

/dts-v1/;
#include <dt-bindings/input/gpio-keys.h>
#include <dt-bindings/input/linux-event-codes.h>
#include <dt-bindings/pwm/pwm.h>
#include <dt-bindings/usb/pd.h>
#include <dt-bindings/leds/common.h>
#include “rk3399.dtsi”
#include “rk3399-opp.dtsi”

/ {
model = “Pine64 Pinebook Pro”;
compatible = “pine64,pinebook-pro”, “rockchip,rk3399”;

chosen {
	stdout-path = "serial2:1500000n8";
};

backlight: edp-backlight {
	compatible = "pwm-backlight";
	power-supply = <&vcc_12v>;
	pwms = <&pwm0 0 740740 0>;
};

edp_panel: edp-panel {
	compatible = "boe,nv140fhmn49";
	backlight = <&backlight>;
	enable-gpios = <&gpio1 RK_PA0 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
	pinctrl-names = "default";
	pinctrl-0 = <&panel_en_gpio>;
	power-supply = <&vcc3v3_panel>;

ports {
		#address-cells = <1>;
		#size-cells = <0>;

port@0 {
			reg = <0>;
			#address-cells = <1>;
			#size-cells = <0>;

panel_in_edp: endpoint@0 {
				reg = <0>;
				remote-endpoint = <&edp_out_panel>;
			};
		};
	};
};

That is kernel 5.6, and it seems me that the device is understood by this kernel.

I’m wondering if I just the chip/driver if I could Thang the driver entry from this boe,nv140fhmn49 to whatever needs to be, presuming we have drivers available.

Did you find the solution for you issue? I was searching for an esp display (maybe from my broken PineBook Pro) to use with Khadas Edge-V (MAX) as Photo Frame.
I am not sure if I can use PineBook Pro display with edge-v but if that should work, I would need that device tree configuration file.

I found the patchset for rk3399

https://lkml.org/lkml/2020/3/5/320

I have not. Khadas never responded. The pine book screen should work with the proper dts. I examined the pine book dts. I think it should be close if the address interrupts were updated to match the khadas board.
I havent had the time to spend on it.
Eric